Fernando AsturSpain

Tell us your story!<br>
¡Dinos tu historia!

Moderator: Moderators

AsturSpain

Fernando AsturSpain

Post by AsturSpain »

Buenos días a todos los asturianos, descendientes de asturianos y simpatizantes de lo asturiano por el mundo.
Soy Fernando , de Gijón (Asturias) y para presentarme empezaré diciendo que mi abuelo materno Manuel Díaz Menéndez, nacido en 1900 y natural de Serin, emigró a los 17-20 años para Estados Unidos y tras breves estancias en Maryland y West Virginia, recaló en Nueva York donde trabajó haciendo el pan por las noches en un restaurante de la 5ª Avenida llamado el “Charles” hasta 1927 que fue cuando volvió a España y se quedó para siempre.
Mi abuela paterna Baldomera se crió desde 1906 hasta que fue una adolescente en Buenos Aires, donde la llevaron sus padres siendo un bebé.
Y mi tio abuelo Amaro del Rosal estuvo exiliado en México D.F. después de la guerra civil española de 1936-1939.
Como pueden ver, mi relación con la emigración asturiana en América la conozco desde pequeño por parte de mis mayores y es por eso que ahora he decidido abrir una tiendina online de regalos asturianos y para los asturianos o relacionados con lo asturiano de cualquier parte del mundo.
Está sólo en español, (de momento).
Se llama www.asturspain.com y todo el que quiera será bienvenido a visitarnos.
Podrán encontrar desde gaitas para decorar hasta gaitas asturianas auténticas, castañuelas y panderetas de artesanía, madreñas asturianas clásicas o pintadas de colores, monteras piconas festivas, figuras y recuerdos de la Virgen de Covadonga, hórreos asturianos para decorar y más cosas.
Espero sinceramente que les guste y desde aquí mando un saludo en especial al señor Art Zoller Wagner (qué apellidos asturianos más extraños; sorry, it’s a joke) que veo que es aficionado a la gaita y a las monteras piconas.
Un abrazo muy grande desde Asturias, amigos.
Fernando.

-------------------------

English translate. (Sorry in advance for the quality).

Good morning to all Asturian, Asturian descendants or supporters of the asturian culture in the world .
I'm Fernando , Gijon (Asturias ) and to introduce me, i will start saying that my grandfather Manuel Diaz Menendez , born in 1900 and a native of Serin , emigrated to the United States when he was 17-20 years old, and after brief stays in Maryland and West Virginia, reached New York where he worked making bread at night in a restaurant in the 5th Avenue called "The Charles" until 1927, which was when he returned to Spain and stayed forever.
My paternal grandmother, Baldomera grew from 1906 until he was an adolescent in Buenos Aires , where he took his parents as a baby.
And my great uncle Amaro del Rosal was exiled in Mexico DF after the 1936-1939 Spanish civil war .
As you can see , my relationship with Asturian migration in America exists since my childhood thanks to the stories of my elders and that is why I have now decided to open an online gift little shop with Gifts from Asturias and for the Asturian or Asturian related to it anywhere in the world .
It is only in Spanish , (for now) .
Called www.asturspain.com and whosoever will be welcome to visit us.
You can find from bagpipes to decorate up authentic Asturian bagpipes , tambourines, castanets and craft , classic Asturian clogs or painted colors, festive piconas monteras , figures and memories of the Virgin of Covadonga , Asturias granaries to decorate and more.
I sincerely hope you like it and from here I send a special greeting to Mr. Art Zoller Wagner (what Asturian strangest names , sorry, it's a joke) I see you are fond of bagpipes and piconas monteras .
A big hug from Asturias , friends .
Fernando .
Last edited by AsturSpain on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
AsturSpain

Post by AsturSpain »

I just completed the translation into English of the online shop for those descendants of Asturian who do not remember Spanish very well.
A big hug.
Fernando.
AsturSpain

Post by AsturSpain »

Aprovecho para mandarles una foto de mi abuelo Manuel Díaz Menendez con mi madre hacia 1940, después de regresar de Nueva York.

Además, les adjunto el listado de pasajeros llegados al puerto de Nueva York en Octubre de 1920, donde abajo aparece un Manuel Díaz procedente de Gijón, que podría ser él, no lo sé.
Ya les comenté que mi abuelo me contó que llegó a Estados Unidos hacia 1917 o 1920 (o eso decía el) y que tras estancias en Maryland y West Virginia volvió a Nueva York donde se quedó hasta su vuelta en 1927.
Si alguien lo reconociese sería una gran alegría, aunque creo que es bastante improbable.
Gracias de antemano.

TRANSLATION:
Also send you a picture of my grandfather Manuel Diaz Menendez with my mother around 1940, after returning from New York.

Also, I attached the list of passengers arriving at the port of New York in October 1920, where Manuel Diaz from Gijón, (that could be it I do not know) appears below.
I mentioned you that my grandfather told me he went to America around 1917 or 1920 (or so he said it) and after stays in Maryland and West Virginia returned to New York where he stayed until his return in 1927.
If someone would recognize him, it would be a great joy, but I think it's pretty unlikely.
Thanks in advance.

Return to “Introduction of Members - Presentación de miembros”