Asturias- required visit

Tell us your story!<br>
¡Dinos tu historia!

Moderator: Moderators

Luis Rodriguez

Asturias- required visit

Post by Luis Rodriguez »

Hello to all. I am a new member, though I have visited this site on many occasions throughout the last few years. I would like to thank the moderators of this site for keeping alive our Asturian history and culture. Thanks to the diverse information I found on this forum, after years of putting it off, I was encouraged to travel with my family to Asturias and see for myself the beautiful land so often described by my grandfather, a native of Cangas del Narcea, son of parents from Sorroba and Jarceley, and later immigrant to Cuba.
Words cannot describe the beauty and rugged nature of the land we visited. From Oviedo, to los lagos de Covadonga, to Cangas del Narcea to Cudillero, etc., my family and I fell in love with Asturias. The people we encountered and the experiences we shared were far beyond compare. In the near future, I will post photos of our trip and of my grandfather.
I encourage anyone interested in Asturias to plan a trip and see for themselves, I assure you you will not be disappointed.

Return to “Introduction of Members - Presentación de miembros”