FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Claudio and Sabina Diaz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Genealogy - Genealogía
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Claudio and Sabina Diaz Reply with quote

My great grandparents were Claudio and Sabina Diaz. I do not know what part of Asturias they came from, and am not even sure how many of their six children, Francisco (Pancho), Amalia, Tatica, Angel, Ramon, or Manolo, were born in Asturias, though I am sure that Angel, my grandfather, was born in Cuba, as he was one of the youngest, and born in 1920.

I realize that this is not much to go on. Claudio died in Cuba in the 1960s, and Sabina died in Miami in early 1973, around the time that my mother found out she was having a baby (me). I am not sure if they ever kept in touch with family back in Asturias, so I know that this is a long shot.

Has anyone heard of these people? I know only that they were very poor and lived in a peasant type house that has a name which escapes me now. I am curious to know if there are any of this family back in Asturias that have any memory of them.

Again, this is a total longshot, but you never know!

[Art: the third post down is actually the second one. We moved it.]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MJ, your second post is locked, so I'm answering this one.
It should be fairly easy for you to find relatives.

I would do the following: check the telephone guide www.paginasblancas.es
and enter the surnames you wish and the province Asturias.

I have checked out Tarano for you, because it is a rare Asturian surname, and found that there are quite a few in the larger cities, but also - and this could be interesting:

- one J. Tarano Cepa in Sevares (county or district of Piloña, capital Infiesto)
- one Tarano Pubillones in Arriondas (capital of Parres county where Llerandi is located)

Since both your great-grandparents came from these two counties, you might want to browse the phone guide. By the way, Llerandi is small enough for you to be related to the whole village.
MJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: More Info On Claudio and Sabina Reply with quote

OK... I got more names, birthdates, and towns after talking to my mom and my aunt regarding my family in Asturias. I never thought they knew any of this, but Auntie went digging into her cedar chest, and there it was!

My great-great grandparents were Angela Sanchez and Francisco Suarez. They had five children - Josepha, Francisco, Jose, Manuel, and my great-grandmother, Sabina Suarez-Sanchez (5/22/1894-1973). Sabina was the only one that left Spain, and she was born in San Corme de Llenrandi, Oviedo, though her parents hailed from La Ballina.

My other great-great grandparents were Ramon Diaz and Amalia Tarano, who gave birth to my great-grandfather, Claudio Diaz-Tarano. I don't know of any siblings. The great-great grandparents were from Sevares,La Canal.

Both Angela Sanchez and Amalia Tarano died in childbirth giving birth to Claudio and Sabina. Their children, as mentioned in a previous post, were/are, Amalia, Angel (my grandfather), Francisco (Pancho), Manolo, Ramon, and Angela (Tatica). Of those children, Tia Tatica, Tio Pancho, and Tio Manolo are still living here in Florida.

Anyone out there related or have additional information? It's still scant information, but far more than I had this morning!! I still need to figure out the great-great grandparents second last names.

My apologies in advance too, if I did not spell the place names correctly.
-------------------------------------------------------

Trad. Terechu

Vale... tengo mas nombres, fechas de nacimiento y pueblos después de haber hablado con mi madre y mi tía sobre mi familia en Asturias. Nunca creí que lo supieran, pero mi tía se puso a rebuscar en el baúl de cedro y allí estaba!

Mis tatarabuelos se llamaban Angela Sánchez y Francisco Suárez. Tuvieron cinco hijos – Josefa, Francisco, José, Manuel y mi bisabuela Sabina Suárez Sánchez (22.05.1894-1973). Sabina fue la única que se fue de España, y nació en San Cosme de Llerandi, [antigua Provincia de] Oviedo, aunque sus padres eran de La Ballina.

Mis otros tatarabuelos fueron Ramón Díaz y Amaria Tarano, padres de mi bisabuelo, Claudio Díaz Tarano. No sé si tenía hermanos. Los tatarabuelos eran de Sevares, La Canal.

Tanto Angela Sánchez como Amalia Tarano murieron al dar a luz a Sabina y Claudio respectivamente. Sus hijos se llamaban Amalia, Angel (mi abuelo), Francisco (Pancho), Manolo, Ramón y Angela (Tatica). De esos hijos, Tía Tatica, tío Pancho y tío Manolo aún viven aquí en La Florida.

Hay alguien por ahí que sea pariente o tenga más información? Todavía es escasa la información, pero mucho más que esta mañana. Todavía tengo que enterarme de los segundos apellidos de mis bisabuelos.

Perdón por adelantado si no he escrito bien los nombres de los pueblos.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: The Whole Village?! Reply with quote

Hi Terechu,

Wow. That's amazing! I will check out that link as well. This is too exciting! I wish I did not have to go to work today, or I would be researching the phone book all morning!

Thank you so much for the info, and I will certainly keep everyone updated!

Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: To Terechu Reply with quote

I think I forgot to thank you! Thank you so much. This is more information that I thought I would get with the information I had.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Clauido Sabina Diaz -Amalia Tarano Asturias Reply with quote

Hi MJ

I have read today this msg in hte www.asturianus.org/forum dated one year ago. hope my info will be usefull to you.

First of all let me tell you that my name is F. Tarano living in Spain. my father, grand-father and great grand-father all of them born in asturias.

The family name tarano can easy be found in eastern asturias and west cantabria where most of the taranos are well know, and they know each other too.

As far I know relatives of my grand father and great grand father emigrate to America Cuba, US, Mexico, Guatemala and today through internet and thanks to the new technologies can easyly be found taranos name in many parts of the world thourgh internet.

If useffull and or your interest, please contact me i will very pleased asnwering you any questions.
All The best From Spain
F.Tarano
Juan Tárano

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Hola MJ Reply with quote

cómo sé que hablas bien el español, te escribo en español, mi nombre es Juan Manuel Tárano, vivo en Guatemala, y mi tío cuenta que algunos familiares de nuestro abuelo vivieron en cuba y posteriormente encontró a un Tárano en la Florida, US. actualmente los Tárano descendientes de Asturias estamos iniciando un site en donde se podrán publicar historias, www.tarano.name, de hecho hemos mantenido comunicación entre varios tárano, uno de ellos, Fernando Tárano, quien ya te escribió. escribeme [Art: con el enlace de email abajo]. ahí podremos desenmarañar varias dudas de familiares.

Saludos

Juan Manuel Tárano Abascal
Jose Tarano

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Hola MJ Reply with quote

Mis saludos Juan Manuel desde Hialeah Florida, se por referencias del Excmo Ayuntamiento de Cangas de Onis que en ese municipio hay como unas 15 personas pero yo no he podido contactar a niguna hasta el momento, por eso estoy interesado en registrame en el enlace del sitio web que ud proporciono, http://www.tarano.name/usuarios/ pues es una interesante iniciativa y quisiera aprender mas de ella, y aportar los datos que tengo sobre el apellido Tárano de Cuba y Florida,
Mis saludos a odos los participantes, gracias,
Jose Tarano
Jesus Garcia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Clauido Sabina Diaz -Amalia Tarano Asturias Reply with quote

Buenos dias FTARANO,

He visto este foro, y me pareció curioso la verdad yo soy de Cantabria, pero mi bisabuela que se llamaba Francisca de Tárano era de el Lugar de La Llama parroquia de Borines en el concejo de Piloña, desgraciadamente no se su segundo apellido, pero si se que nació sobre 1812 y que se casó en 1835 en San Cosme de Llerandi en Parres, Arriondas, pero no tengo más datos, se que en respuestas en este foro comentas que tienes mucha información sobre este apellido, por eso te escribo. Puedo escribirte también perfectamente en Inglés si lo deseas.

Recibe un saludo

Jesús
llerandi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Clauido Sabina Diaz -Amalia Tarano Asturias Reply with quote

Tal vez no vea este mensaje porque hace tiempo que lo escribió y disculpe si me equivoco, pero diría que su bisabuela probablemente naciera en La Llama, barrio de Fresnidiellu, parroquia de los Montes de Sebares, concejo de Parres. No creo que fuera La Llama de Piloña. En ese lugar había muchos Tárano y está mucho más cerca de Llerandi, con lo cual es más probable el matrimonio.

Un saludo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Genealogy - Genealogía All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: