Looking for Cuervo Family in Aviles or Penarrey

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

loricuervo

Looking for Cuervo Family in Aviles or Penarrey

Post by loricuervo »

I am looking for the family of Silvino Cuervo from Penarrey. He was born in 1899. His parents were Ramon Cuervo Fernandez and Francisca Gonzalez Muniz. He emigrated to the United States in 1917 and returned to Aviles in 1926. His wife died in the United States, and he brought his two children with him to Spain (Joseph and Maria?). I believe he married Purificacion Suarez Molina upon his return to Spain.

Joseph Cuervo Suarez was born in 1923 in Pennsylvania USA. He was taken to Spain about 1926. He returned to the USA in 1948. My husband is Silvino's grandson.

Any information would be appreciated.

Lori Cuervo

Estoy buscando a la familia de Silvino Cuervo de Penarrey. Nació en 1899. Sus padres fueron Ramón Cuervo Fernández y Francisca González Muniz. Emigró a los Estados Unidos en 1917 y regresó a Avilés en 1926. Su esposa murió en los Estados Unidos, y él trajo a sus dos hijos con él a España (¿José y María?). Creo que se casó con Purificación Suarez Molina a su regreso a España.

Joseph Cuervo Suárez nació en 1923 en Pennsylvania, EE. UU. Fue llevado a España alrededor de 1926. Regresó a los Estados Unidos en 1948. Mi esposo es el nieto de Silvino.

Cualquier información sería apreciada.

Lori Cuervo
Marta Elena Díaz García

SILVINO CUERVO

Post by Marta Elena Díaz García »

Hello Lori,

the only data I could find is a short note in the Bulletin of the Province that I include here.

It seems that Silvino had two brothers, Constantino and Manuel.
The note is related with the military service. The local goverment of Castrillon was looking for his brothers, their whereabouts were unknown. Peñarrey is a small village of the Castrillón Council.

[img]https://s18.p ostimg.org/4p7icrjjp/SILVINO.png[/img]
loricuervo

Silvino Cuervo-brothers

Post by loricuervo »

Marta Elena,

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate the information. I note that Silvino had a brother named (James) Generoso Cuervo Gonzalez who was born in Asturias on March 25, 1893. He emigrated to America and died on October 29, 1951. Is there a way for me to confirm that the Silvino you found (whose brothers are noted as Constantino and Manuel) is the same Silvino Cuervo Gonzalez? I appreciate any help you can provide?

It appears they knew where Silvino was located since he emigrated to the United States in 1917.

Thank you,

Lori Cuervo
loricuervo

Silvino Cuervo - Brothers

Post by loricuervo »

Marta Elana,

Thanks to the information you provided, I was able to find much more information here in the United States.

Silvino Cuervo Gonzalez had 3 brothers:
Constantino was born Oct 11, 1888. He died in Ohio, USA, on Jul 12, 1952.
James Generoso was born Mar 25, 1893. He died in Pennsylvania, USA, on Oct 29, 1951.
Manuel was born Mar 4, 1896. He died in Pennsylvania, USA, on Aug 4, 1985.
Silvino was born on Jan 3, 1899. He went back to Asturias we believe in 1926 with his 2 children. We have not been able to find further information on Silvino. My search continues. I am hoping this additional information is helpful.

The parents names are Ramon Cuervo Fernandez and Francisca Gonzalez Muniz.

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”