New Member Jovi Alonso

Tell us your story!<br>
¡Dinos tu historia!

Moderator: Moderators

Jovi Alonso

New Member Jovi Alonso

Post by Jovi Alonso »

Hi Everyone! I'm Jovi Alonso from Manila, the Philippines. I was born and raised in the Philippines but my grandfather and great-grandfather came from Proaza, Asturias. My great-grandfather was named Benjamin Alonso Alvarez and came to the Philippines sometime at the turn of the 20th century to work for the Compania General de Tabacos de Filipinas or Tabacalera. My grandfather was Carlos Alonso Pal. He was born in 1907 though we are not sure whether he was born in Proaza or the Philippines. What we know is he went to elementary, and probably secondary, school in Oviedo before stowing away on a ship to Manila in 1921 when he was 14 years of age. I never met him as he passed away in 1959. My father, Jose Alonso Domingo, was born here in the Philippines and is currently the oldest member of our clan here at 82. I beg your indulgence for not posting in Spanish as my writing ability in the language is less than satisfactory though I'm conversant and comprehend reading materials quite well. Thank you very much!

Jovi
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Welcome, Jovi!

You mentioned that your grandfather was a student in Oviedo. You may find this article helpful:
https://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2224
Then again, it may add to the confusion that comes with a lot of genealogy!

If you have a question, we could move this post to the genealogy section for you.

Return to “Introduction of Members - Presentación de miembros”