Entrugues frecuentesEntrugues frecuentes          BuscarBuscar          MiembrosMiembros          Grupos d'UsuariosGrupos d'Usuarios    RexistraseRexistrase 
 PerfilPerfil          Entre pa ver los sus mensaxes privaosEntre pa ver los sus mensaxes privaos          ConectaseConectase          
Antonio Gomez Fernandez

Publicar nueu tema   Responder al tema    Índiz del foro de la migración astur-americana -> Genealogy - Genealogía
Ver tema anterior :: Ver tema siguiente  
Autor Mensaxe
Islandbaby

Rexistrau: 02 Feb 2017
Mensaxes: 4

MensaxePublicao: Xue Feb 02, 2017 10:29 pm    Asuntu: Antonio Gomez Fernandez Responder citando

Trying to locate my Family in Asturias.
My Grandfather was born October 29 or 30, 1878. He emigrated to Cuba around 1900's.
I have been told he was from Oviedo and he was one of 13 children.
He would travel from Cuba to Spain with my Grandmother Maria Nonell.
He emigrated to Tampa Fl in 1908.
He was a cigar maker in Tampa.

Ultima edición por Islandbaby el Xue Feb 02, 2017 11:09 pm, editau 1 vegá
Tornar arriba  
Art
Site Admin

Rexistrau: 17 Feb 2003
Mensaxes: 4494
Llugar: Maryland

MensaxePublicao: Xue Feb 02, 2017 10:40 pm    Asuntu: Responder citando

Welcome to the forum!

You'll want to read this message about what "Oviedo" means. Unfortunately, this news will probably makes your task harder.

Also, the last name Fernandez is very common in Asturias. I'm not sure about Gomez, so you'll want to check for that in the white pages in Asturias, as described in the following link. There are other ideas on this page, too.
https://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3375
Tornar arriba  
Marta Elena Díaz García

Rexistrau: 07 Set 2003
Mensaxes: 365
Llugar: Molleda. Corvera de Asturias

MensaxePublicao: Dom Feb 12, 2017 4:23 pm    Asuntu: Data Responder citando

Hello, Islandbaby:

Have you the name of your grandfather's brothers?
It may help. It is quite difficult to find information only with your grandfather's name, as Art said, it is common.

I have found a Vicente Gomez Fernandez, from Panes (Oviedo) that emigrated to Cuba. Could he be a brother of your grandfather?.

Any name may help.

Marta.
Tornar arriba  
Islandbaby

MensaxePublicao: Dom Och 22, 2017 2:34 pm    Asuntu: Responder citando

I wish I did Marta. I am asking the cousins again if they remember any names that were mentioned.
Tornar arriba  
Islandbaby

MensaxePublicao: Dom Och 22, 2017 3:36 pm    Asuntu: Responder citando

All that I was able to find out is that my Grandfathers Mother’s name is Josepha.
Tornar arriba  
Marta Elena Díaz García

Rexistrau: 07 Set 2003
Mensaxes: 365
Llugar: Molleda. Corvera de Asturias

MensaxePublicao: Dom Och 22, 2017 5:38 pm    Asuntu: Responder citando

Hi,

I was traying to find some information. The only thing I could find is a couple of notes in the Boletín Oficial de la Provincia de Oviedo, years 1895. I include here the copys. One is related with a inheritance and some of the heirs are absent (1895) and the other (1905) is a list with the names of the heads of houshold. In both you can see that Antonio Gomez Fernández is from the council of Tineo, and in the second, it is said that the small village is Villajulián (Council of Tineo).

I hope it is your grandfather. You can start asking for his baptism certificate to the parish of San Martín de Semproniana in the council of Tineo as Villajulian is a small village belonging that parish.

Marta

Tornar arriba  
Mostrar mensaxes de anteriores:   
Publicar nueu tema   Responder al tema    Índiz del foro de la migración astur-americana -> Genealogy - Genealogía Toles hores son GMT - 4 Hores
Páxina 1 de 1

Dir a:  
Pue publicar nueos temes n'esti foru
Nun pue responder a temes n'esti foru
Nun pue editar los sus mensaxes n'esti foru
Nun pue esborriar los sus mensaxes n'esti foru
Nun pue votar en encuestes n'esti foru

Site design & hosting by

Zoller Wagner Digital Design