Blanco Family

Discussion of photos in the AsturianUS.org photo album pages.<br>
Discusión de fotos en las páginas del álbum de fotos de AsturianUS.org.

Moderator: Moderators

Erlene Best

Blanco Family

Post by Erlene Best »

My grandfather was Joseph "Jose" Ramon Blanco,1885 he was born in Matanza Cuba. But I have learned that his father (#2) came from Asturia, Spain. He married to Concepeion Capestany.

My great grandfather was also name Jose Ramon Blanco (#2) born around 1860, his father was Jose Ramon Blanco 1830 (#1). I have been told that Jose (#1), had 3 sons that we know of: Donato 1855, Jose (*) and Victorino (Spainard) Blanco. We know that Donato and my Jose went to Cuba. But that is all we know.

I have done DNA, on ancestry is Spain. (German&Ireland) my father side. Spain could only be Blanco side. I have attach a photo of Jose #2, Joseph (3#), Ramon Blanco taken in Cuba in the early 1900.
GEDMatch....A118360

my grandfather full name: JOSEPH RAMON PHILLIP AUGUSTUS CAPESTANY de BLANCO

Posted two photos: Jose Ramon Blanco #2 with my grandfather: Jose Ramon Blanco #3 and brother Ramon Blanco.
Second photo is of my great grandfather by himself.
Blanco family 1800's
Jasm

Post by Jasm »

No creo que tenga que ver con usted, por usted dice con Donato, el año de 1855.
Pero el 15/06/1859, pide al Ministerio de Ultramar, pasaporte Donato Blanco, del pueblo de Piñera, Cudillero, para La Habana.
I don't think that this information has to do with you, because you say with Donato, the year of 1855.
But the 15/06/1859, Donato Blanco apply for pasaport to the Ultramar Ministry, of the village of Piñera, Cudillero, for La Habana.

A principio del s. XIX, pasaron varios Capestany, de Altafulla - Tarragona (Cataluña), a La Habana.
At the beginning of the s. XIX, passed several Capestany, from Altafulla - Tarragona (Catalonia), to Havana.

Perdone las molestias, si le he hecho perder su tiempo.
Sorry for the inconvenience, if I wasted your time.

I apologize by my English (I don't speak English)
Erlene Best

Post by Erlene Best »

Thank you for Donato Blanco information. I sorry I don't speak spanish. I have forward you message to family member. To see if he has any questions.

Is that his birth date or passport date?
Thank you again
Blanco family 1800's
Jasm

Post by Jasm »

1859, it is the year, that Donato applied for passport.
It would be good to know the second surname of Jose Ramon (#1) or (#2).

Joaquin Maria Capestany Rius, 30/10/1822, he applied for to go to La Habana, to continue the business of the family members, and Parent-owned interests. He was from Altafulla (Tarragona - Cataluña)
Florencio Capestany Gatell, 24/12/1831, he applied for to go to La Habana, to work in the shop of his uncle Jose Gatell. He was from Altafulla (Tarragona - Cataluña)

I apologize by my English (I don't speak English)
aberlanga

Post by aberlanga »

Hi! I found some papers that talk about Jose and Donato Blanco in Cienfuegos, Cuba. They were from Cudillero, where exist a place called Piñera.

Please let me know what you got!

Thanks

PD: where did you post the photos?
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

aberlanga: You can post images in messages. We are currently lacking a volunteer to the the image posting for the Photo Album. It's an old program and not user friendly, so prospective volunteers have wisely declined!

Here's how to post in a message:
https://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1684

Return to “Our Photo Album - Nuestro álbum de fotos”