Translation of documents

Have a question? Run into a problem on the site? Please tell us.<br>
¿Tienes una pregunta? ¿Topaste un problema en el sitio? Dinos.

Moderator: Moderators

Fran Martin

Translation of documents

Post by Fran Martin »

I have come across what I think is the handwritten marriage registration for my grandparents done around 1911. Do you have any idea how I can get these translated? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fran Martin
Fran Martin
Bob

Post by Bob »

Post a copy in this forum and ask for help translating it.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Post a copy in this forum and ask for help translating it.
Fran Martin

Post by Fran Martin »

Bob,

The document is 4 pages long and I don't know how to post it. Could you be my guide?

Fran
Fran Martin
Bob

Post by Bob »

You can use any programs that can create a digital file (e.g., Word or WordPerfect). Save the file (no sense losing all that work). Copy the entire file to the clipboard. In Windows, with your text file on the screen in your word processing program, select all of the text. Ctrl-V will copy it to the clipboard. In a separate tab, go to this message thread in the forum. Click on the post replay button. Click on the box for text entry. Use ctrl-V to paste the text into the box. Click submit.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

If you want to post an image of the file, you'll have to scan each of the pages to a jpg (or jpeg) using your scanner. Most scanners today have a jpg setting. (Unfortunately, this method won't work as a PDF.) Remember where you save the jpg images so you can find them in the next step.

Then you click on the "Add image to post" text link that appears right below the box that you type your message into. That will allow you to add the images to a message you're writing.

Select "Do not resize my image" and unselect "Allow sponsored links."

Click on "Choose Images" and then navigate in your computer to where you stored the images. Click on all four of them by holding down the control key (in Windows) while you click on each image.

You'll see something like this appear in the message box (probably at the bottom of the box):

Code: Select all

[url=https://postimg.org/image/i56ivprlz/][img]https://s15.postimg.org/i56ivprlz/cruz-de-victoria.jpg[/img][/url]
It may be a good idea to preview your message to be sure the images show up before submitting it.

If you have any trouble, please let us know.

Return to “Need Help? - ¿Precisas ayuda?”