Kathryn Diaz DiDomizio, Daughter of Luis Diaz

Tell us your story!<br>
¡Dinos tu historia!

Moderator: Moderators

kad1964

Kathryn Diaz DiDomizio, Daughter of Luis Diaz

Post by kad1964 »

Hi. My daughter found this web site. My father, Luis Suarez Diaz, was a child refugee to the United States from Asturias during the Spanish Civil War. He came over on the Serpa Pinto in May 1942 with his two brothers, Ben and Archie. Their story was featured in the collaborative book project We Came Alone a decade or so ago. Their father, Andres Corsino Diaz, was a coal miner at the time of the Asturias revolution and was later in a work concentration camp. He was originally from Gijon but lived in Sama de Langreo with his wife, Isabel Suarez Diaz, and their children. All of the children are now deceased except for Lola, who lives in Southern France. My father passed away June 21, 2017. We have been trying to do geneaological research on my father's family, but it has been difficult since he came to the United States at a young age. He lived in the Milwaukee area before his service in the U.S. Air Force and moved to the Evansville, Indiana, area after his time in the military.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Welcome to the forum, KAD!

Your father is mentioned in the forum two times, at least:
https://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4053
https://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=736

The first one is the main thread, started by Corsino, so it'd be worth reading it. He and a number of other forum members put in a lot of hours trying to find the other "children", including your father and uncles. Donna Sweeney may have more information, so it'd be worth adding a message to that thread after you've read it.
kad1964

Thank you!

Post by kad1964 »

Thank you so much, Art! I am happy to be a part of this forum! :)

Return to “Introduction of Members - Presentación de miembros”