Limpets - Llámpares

Recipes for fish, shellfish, etc.<br>
Recetas para pescados, mariscos, etc.

Moderators: almudena, Moderators

Maestro Tomberi

Limpets - Llámpares

Post by Maestro Tomberi »

This kind of mollusk is another great classic in our gastronomy. Their recollection requires a good eye, good knowledge of the tides and a knife. Without going further, I have collected around 2 kgs of them myself (now yes, my hands are all scratched) yesterday, so I have got planned a nice dish I'm gonna share here:

Llámpares a la Asturiana

1 Kg. of llámpares
½ - 1 chorizo
50 grs of cured ham
½ onion
1 tomato
2 garlic cloves
1 glass of cider
Sweet paprika
Cayenne
Olive oil
Salt at will

As a first step it's very important to have delicate and small/mid sized llámpares (4-5 cms diameter as the most) and to keep them inside a recipient with sea water during at least one hour and a half. Afterwards clean up thru several waters and reserve.

In a casserole, stir up garlic, sliced cayenne at will and onion, finely diced. Afterwards, add the tomato in dices, grinded parsley and a couple of tea spoons of paprika.

Move the mix out of the fire to avoid it burns up (specially because the paprika) and add the glass of cider, let it simmer and pass it thru the mixer adding afterwards the ham and the chorizo in small dices.

Now it's time to add the llámpares, try the point of salt and rectify if necessary, cover the cass and let it simmer until they get out of their shells. It's very important they don't get too done, or otherwise they'll be as chewy as a shoe (Lolazo!!).

Serve hot and enjoy :).

Return to “Seafood - Mariscos”