Familia Verdín

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

carmen

Familia Verdín

Post by carmen »

Me gustaría tener noticias sobre Hernan Verdín.Se que le gustaba la música y su primer violín se lo compró mi abuelo . También se que participó en Normandía y eníó una foto desde París que conserva mi madre.

------------
translated by Art

I would like to hear news about (learn about) about Hernan Verdín. I know that he used to love music and my grandfather bought him his first violin. I also know that he participated ni Normandy and sent a photo from Paris that my mother still has.
Sweeney

Herman

Post by Sweeney »

I am sorry, but I did not understand your message entirely. My Spanish is very bad. I had a cousin named Herman Verdin born in 1920 in the United States.Could they be the same person?

My Grandmother was a Verdin. It is an unusual name in Spain. Perhaps I am related to the person you seek. 8)

Estoy apesadumbrado, pero no entendía su mensaje enteramente. Mi español es muy malo. Yo tenía un primo nombrado Herman Verdin nacido en 1920 en los Estados Unidos. ¿Podían ser la misma persona?

Mi abuela era un Verdin. Es un nombre inusual en España. Quizás yo relacionado con la persona que usted busca.
8)
Donna
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hola, Carmen,

¿Vivia en EEUU Hernan Verdín?

?Participó en la guerra mundial segunda? ¿Era como un soldado americano?

¿Sabes los nombres de sus padres, hermanos, etc., su fecha de nacimiento, cuando emigró?

------------

Hi, Carmen,

Did Hernan Verdín live in the US?

Did he participate in WWII? Was it as an American soldier?

Do you know the names of his parents, his siblings, etc., his date of birth, when he emigrated?
jomaguca

Re: Familia Verdín

Post by jomaguca »

Hola Carmen, mí padre es hijo de JÓSE GUTIÉRREZ VERDÍN, podríamos tener parentesco con él Verdín qué busca ,me puede decir como se llamaban sus padres? se lo digo porqué la abuela de SWEENEY y la abuela de mi padre eran hermanas,espero noticias .saludos :o mi prima no habla nada de español ,pero nos entendemos bien por medio de un traductor del ordenador. usted vive en Avilés ,yo tambien vivo en Avilés podría poner la foto de Hernan Verdín en el foro? gracias

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<translated by Suronda>

Hello Carmen, My father is the son of JÓSE GUTIÉRREZ VERDÍN. We might have a relationship with the Verdin that you are looking for. Can you tell me what his parents' names were? I'm saying this since SWEENEY's grandmother and my father's grandmother were siblings. I'll be waiting for news. Greetings! My cousin doesn't speak any Spanish, but we understand each other well by using an electronic on-line translator. You live in Aviles. I also live in Aviles. Could you put the foto of Hernan Verdin in the forum? Thanks.
carmen

FAMILIA VERDÍN

Post by carmen »

After receiving the answer from Sweeney, I read the newtopic signed by her and I founded part of the information I am searching in " Looking for Cousins".
My great-grandparents, José Prado y Generosa Alonso, went to América,I don´t know the date, with all of their children: Maria Consuelo, Armando, Manuel, Aurora, Jesusa, Manuel Francisco y Emilio, all of them Prado Alonso.
Their children got married there and when my great-grandparents thought they were old enough their willing was to come back to Spain and die here. They came back with the youngest of their children who was the only one still single, Emilio, my grandfather.
My grandfather kept in touch with Aurora and her children. Langelot, Pennsylvania, is their last direction we have, which corresponds to the 40´s, as well as photographs. Herman took part in Normandie WWII, as he was an American soldier, and he got into París with IKE´s Army. From there he sent a photograph to my grandfather. If you want any photograph, I´ll send you in the way you prefer.
I don´t know why contact was lost. Now we are two people looking for Verdín-Prado family, looking for Verdín, Donna, and me for Prado.
But I also look for my family Prado-Alonso, as I don´t know anything about my grandfather´s brothers and their descendence.
Sweeney

Prado- Verdin

Post by Sweeney »

I can tell you what I know. According to the Ellis Island Records, Francisco Verdin arrived in the United States on 22 Jan 1905. By 1910, Francisco was living in Collinsville, Illinois with his wife Aurora Prado and their son, Frank Jr.. They were staying at the home of Jose and Generosa Prado (Aurora's Parents). Francisco was working at the local Zinc Works Factory. In 1920, Francisco is listed as working at the lead works factory in Illinois. Between 1920 and 1925 the family moves to Donora, Pennsylvania where their youngest son Charles Verdin is born.

In the 1930 Census, Aurora Prado is listed as a widow. I know she lives in the area for at least another 10 years because she is shown in family photos up to the early 1940s. After that I do no know what happened to her or her family.

I have found listings for two of her children in the Social Security Death index. A Frank Verdin born in 1908 died in 1965. A Herman Verdin born in 1921 died in 1974. The index does not give the names of the parents, but since they are the only people listed with that name and their years of birth correspond with the year of birth listed in the census, one can assume they are my cousins.

I will send you a private message with my email address. I will send you the photos I have. I am still looking for Aurora and Francisco's children. I did not investigate the famly of Jose and Gererosa Prado, but I can look into it for you.

I am not 100% certain Herman has died, but I am fairly certain. I am sorry to bring you bad news. :(
Donna
Sweeney

Census

Post by Sweeney »

Carmen:

I checked the 1910 Census and it says Jose (Joseph) Prado came to America in 1902 and his wife and children came in 1905. The Census says Generosa was the mother of 8 children, but only 4 were living in 1910. Living with them was Aurora and her husband Francisco Verdin and their oldest son Frank Verdin Jr.. Also living with Jose and Generosa was three of their sons: Emil, Manuel (Francisco?) and Herman Prado.

So, according to the census, 4 of their children had died. If you have the names of their children correct, then it means Maria, Armando, Manuel, and Jesusa had passed away by 1910.

I guess Jose and Generosa returned to Spain sometime between 1910 and 1920, because in 1920 Aurora Prado is found in the Ellis Island immigration records returning from a visit to Spain. In the records it says she had visited her father, Jose Prado, in Spain.

8)
Donna
Sweeney

emails

Post by Sweeney »

Carmen:

I tried three times today to send you photos to your email address, but the emails come back as undeliverable. For some reason you can email me, but I have a difficult time emailing you. Can you email me your mailing address? It will be easier for me to print off the photos and census documents and mail them to you. Do not put your address on this forum, just email it to me or do a personal message. I seem to be able to get your emails alright. 8)
Donna

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”