Geneology Rosal family

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

lalinda

Geneology Rosal family

Post by lalinda »

My grandfather’s name is Jose Rosal (y Campa) and grandmother Rosa Diaz (y Garcia). They were baptized in Santa Maria Del Mar (church or parish?)
Going back to great grandparents I don’t know paternal great grandfather but maternal great grandmother was Florentine Campa.
On the maternal side my great grandfather was Vicente Diaz; great grandmother unknown. I visited Spain in the 1970’s and there were still relatives alive.
Does anyone have any other information?
Bob

Sanata María del Mar

Post by Bob »

As you know, Santa María del Mar is located in Castrillón. The Registro Civil for Castrillón is located at Calle Marcos de Torniello 27, Avilés. Asturias, España. They may have copies of marriage certificates, birth records, death records, etc. Be sure to write in Spanish or have someone translate your requests into Spanish for you. Provide as much information as possible: full names, approximate dates of events, children’s or parents’ names - whatever you have that will make it easier to look through aging paper records.

The church of Santa Maria del Mar is located at el Puerto, 1, 33457 El Puerto, Asturias, España. I’ not sure if the parish records are kept there or were moved to another church or to the diocesan office in Oviedo. You should be aware that some civil and religious records were destroyed during the civil war, but I have been successful in obtaining civil records from Castrillón.
Xuaco

jose rosal

Post by Xuaco »

In this link you could find "censo" (list of inhabitants) of Aviles in 1892

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2015322

Appears a one year old child, Jose Manuel Rosal y Campa, lived in the parish of San Cristobal de Entreviñas in the place of Cueto, with his parents Manuel Rosal Martinez, born in Colloto (Oviedo) in 1869 and Flora Campa y Alvarez, born in San Cristobal de Entreviñas in 1870. (Flora is a short name for Florentina).

They lived with the parents of Flora, Manuel Campa y Rodriguez and Ramona Alvarez Alvarez, both born in San Cristobal in 1837, and her sister Elvira Campa Alvarez born in 1879.

Manuel Campa and Ramona Alvarez married in San Cristobal de Entreviñas July 30th 1863, this is the link https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2015322, their parents are Jose de la Campa and Rafaela Rodriguez for Jose, and Jose Alvarez y Josefa Alvarez for Ramona.

This information is from records of County of Aviles located in www.familysearch.org. I hoe it helps you.

Best regards

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”