Looking for info on Raimondo Menendez

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

alliannmenendez

Looking for info on Raimondo Menendez

Post by alliannmenendez »

I am looking for more information on my GGreat Grandfather Raimondo/Raymond Menendez (born 1872) who was married to Mary/Maria Garcia-Menendez (B1872-D1968) They possibly lived in the Oviedo/Sama Spain.

They had several children one son was named Alejandro Garcia Menendez(my. GGrandfather) who immigrated to the USA alone around 1911. He possibly had another brother that left with him but stayed in the Canary Islands. His sisters lived in a convent and his brother possibly a priest.

There is a chance the family was killed during the Spanish Civil war.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Alli
Marta Elena Díaz García

Post by Marta Elena Díaz García »

Hi, Allian

Are you sure the name of your GGrandfather was "Alejandro García Menéndez"?
It is usual that the name of the father goes first than that of the mother. It is important to find information.
Yours,
Marta
alliannmenendez

Marta Elena Díaz García wrote:Hi, Allian

Are you sure the name of your GGrandfather was "Alejandro García Menéndez"?
It is usual that the name of the father goes first than that of the mother. It is important to find information.
Yours,
Marta
Hi Marta,

Yes I’m certain his name is correct. We have all of his information it’s his parents information that we are having trouble finding anything on!

Thanks,

Alli
Jasm

Post by Jasm »

Allian, They aren't preserved any books (baptized, married and deceased) of the parish of James of Sama de Langreo, were lost in the Civil War (1936-39), and in the Civil Registry much data was lost and is not complete, although there are cities that have registration before, in Spain the Civil Registry begins in 1870.
In Asturias, there is at least one other Sama, the parish of San Esteban de Sama de Grado, Council of Grado.
And the subject of surnames is rare, as Marta says, unless there was an error in writing the surnames in the documents.
I apologize by my English
alliannmenendez

Jasm wrote:Allian, They aren't preserved any books (baptized, married and deceased) of the parish of James of Sama de Langreo, were lost in the Civil War (1936-39), and in the Civil Registry much data was lost and is not complete, although there are cities that have registration before, in Spain the Civil Registry begins in 1870.
In Asturias, there is at least one other Sama, the parish of San Esteban de Sama de Grado, Council of Grado.
And the subject of surnames is rare, as Marta says, unless there was an error in writing the surnames in the documents.
I apologize by my English

Thank you for the information and it definitely has given me some questions and I will do some more digging about the surnames being switched around! Thank you
AlliAnn

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”