Searching Fuentes Y Fernandez Iglesia Santa Maria de Limanes

Tell us your story!<br>
¡Dinos tu historia!

Moderator: Moderators

Raymond

Searching Fuentes Y Fernandez Iglesia Santa Maria de Limanes

Post by Raymond »

I am a descendent of Francisco de la Fuentes Y Fernandez (born 1680), married in Saltillo, Mexico; parents Toribio de la Fuentes & Catarina Fernandez from Iglesia Santa Maria de Limanes, Asturias.

Francisco traveled to Mexico sometime before 1718, and was a Captain of War and Alcalde for Saltillo at one time. His son was in the army and stationed at 3 different presidios in colonial Texas (Ahumada, Los Adeas, & Valero) between 1758 and 1782. Most recent generations in San Antonio Texas.

I have many generations of relatives in Saltillo Mexico and Texas USA - but I am trying to reach back further to Asturias.

I am attempting a search for records in Asturias Spain - but I am unsure how to find records from a parish in the year 1680. The church (iglesia) still exists - but I do not think it is active today. This parish is located southeast of and near Oviedo.

I am traveling to Spain in March/April and am interested in a bi-lingual genealogist to help.

Anyone out there that can help me get started?

Thank you & Muchas Gracias!
Ray
Yanitzachavez

Decendent

Post by Yanitzachavez »

Hello Raymond I came across your post because I have been doing a timeline for my grandpa and down the line dating back to 1635. And Francisco de la fuente showed up.? If you can please message me I’d appreciate it thanks.
Raymond

Francisco de las Fuentes Y Fernandez

Post by Raymond »

Hello Yanita,

Yes, I have confirmed his birth certificate from the Oviedo Parish in Asturias.

My email is:

rvbjr@protonmail.com

Regards,
Ray
Raymond

Yanitza

Post by Raymond »

Hello Yanitza,

My apologies for misspelling your name.

Regards,
Ray

Return to “Introduction of Members - Presentación de miembros”