Olimpiadas

If you can't figure out where else to post, say it here.<br>
Si no sabes dónde poner tu tema, pongalo aquí.

Moderator: Moderators

jomaguca

Olimpiadas

Post by jomaguca »

De verdad enhorabuena por la olimpiadas América fué el país qué más medallas ha obtenido seguido de China ,en América la mayoría de los deportistas son de raza negra y yo me pregunto ?¿es la raza negra superior a la blanca ó en América se dedica más dinero para preparar a los atletas qué en otros países?de lo qué sí estoy de acuerdo es qué siempre ganan los mejores y más preparados.saludos :lol:

--------------------------------------------
Translated by Bob

Really, congratulations on the Olympics. America was the country that won the mpost medals, folllowed by China. In American, most the of athletes are of the black race, and I ask myself whether the black race is superior to the white, or whether in America more money is spent on training athletes than in other countries. What we can surely agree on is that the best and best prepared always win. Greetings. :lol:
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Yo me uno a las felicitaciones de jomaguca. Enhorabuena por las medallas y por unos atletas impresionantes. Da gusto. En España no tenemos un "Dream Team" pero si varios "Siesta Teams" - si hubiera una olimpiada para mataos, nos llevaríamos todas las medallas :roll:

Jose, los negros no son mejores ni peores, simplemente son mejores en atletismo porque son más musculosos, pero en gimnasia, donde es mejor ser pequeño, ya viste lo buenos que son los asiáticos. Los españoles somos muy buenos en "levantamiento de vidrio" a poder ser con sidra dentro. :D
-------------------------------------------------
I'm joining jomaguca in congratulating you. Congratulations on the medals won and on the impressive athletes. It was such a pleasure. We don't have a Dream Team in Spain, but we do have several "Siesta Teams" - if there were Olympics for klutzes, we'd win all the medals :roll:

Jose, blacks are not better or worse, they are simply better in athletics because they are more muscular, but in gymnastics, where it's better to be short, you've seen how good the Asians were. We Spaniards are very good at "Glass Lifting" (especially with sidra inside) :o

Cheers
Terechu
Barbara Alonso Novellino

Post by Barbara Alonso Novellino »

Hi,

As an American, I want to Thank You very much for your Congratulations. The athletes work so very hard and its great when they succeed in this most difficult competition. :P

My 9 year old Grandaughter has started on her way in Figure Skating. How far she will get no one knows. She is a very poised little girl on the ice and really enjoys competition. We just came back from a difficult competition in New Jersey and she received a Silver Medal...who knows where this will all lead.

Again, Thank You very much for your kind words...
Bob

Post by Bob »

Jomaguca,

I don't think the race of the athletes has much to do with their performance except in a few very special instances. The so called racial differences among various human groups are quite superficial and very recent in origin, and most of them represent evoolutionary adaptation to the local environment.

One thing that does tend to very with geography is limb length (think ratio of surface area through which to lose heat to body mass). People whose ancestors are from equitorial climes tend to have relatively longer limbs than those who ancestors are from more polar latitudes (Eskimos, for example, have very short arms and legs relative to body size). Longer arms and legs means relatively more surface area available to dissipate body heat, and probably provides a slight advantage in long distacne running, all other factors being equal. But there are also inherited difference in slow-twitch versus fast-twitch muscle fibers, etc.

The unfortunate historical and social conditions in the US, which have held African-Americans back from many opportunities in business, academia, etc., also tend to create opportunities for "blacks" in athletics. This is, of course, an grossly oversimplified statement of a very complicated set of social circumstances.

We shoud also not forget that the populations of China and the US are bigger than those of most other nations, which means that there is a larger pool of athletes to draw from. Personally, I enjoy watching Olympic athletic competition, but I care very little about the nationality of the athletes. I enjoy seeing anyone do his or her best.

Barbara, it must be a great deal of fun to watch your granddaughter in figure skating. From my point of view, that is one of the most enjoyable sports to watch--so graceful, so dance-like. Whatever your granddaughter eventually does with her figure-skating, I know that you will be very proud of her, and rightly so. One of the joys of having grandchildren is watching them grow into whatever they choose to become
(ours, ages 4 and a half and 2) are very interested in ballet and dance in general).

Bob Martinez
Bob

Post by Bob »

Terechu,

If I had Spanish citizenship I would be a prime candidate for your Klutz Team. Sign me up for the sidra and food related events.

Bob
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Para tí no hay, Bob. Recuerda que cuando eras pequeño te caíste dentro de una marmita... :lol:
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Barbara, I absolutely love figure skating! I used to be a pretty good skater myself. Why don't you send us a picture of your grandaughter? If she's won a silver medal already and she likes to compete, then there's a good chance she'll carry on. Who knows, maybe she'll the next Irina Rodnina! Do you remember her? The greatest figure skater ever, I believe she won gold in 3 successive Olympics (with different partners). All I know is that for over a decade nobody even came close! Ice skating is a wonderful sport in itself, and something your grandaughter can enjoy all her life.

----------------------------------------------
Barbara, me encanta el patinaje artístico! Yo también fuí bastante buena patinadora. Por qué no nos mandas una foto de tu nieta? Si ya ganó una medalla de plata y además le gusta competir, hay muchas posibilidades de que siga adelante. Quién sabe, a lo mejor es la próxima Irina Rodnina. Te acuerdas de ella? La mejor patinadora de la historia, creo que ganó la medalla de oro en 3 Juegos Olímpicos sucesivos (con compañeros distintos). Lo que sí sé es que durante más de una década no hubo nadie que pudiera con ella. El patinaje sobre hielo en sí es un deporte genial que tu nieta podrá disfrutar toda la vida.

Saludos
Terechu
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Yeah, Bob, we Asturians should have sent a "Drink Team"! :lol:
We've had the Cider Festival in Gijón this weekend, set up around city hall, town square and the yacht harbour and everybody and their mothers showed up. You've never seen so many people in such a small place in your life! Jeez! I don't know how many millions of litres of cider were drunk, but it was a sight!
And Saturday night there was a massive singing event in the Plaza Mayor (town square), organized by the City of Gijón. They even gave out songbooks and you should have seen two or three thousand people jammed in that little square singing traditional songs together at the top of our voices, lead by a local choir - I believe it was the Orfeón Gijonés - who were on a stage and did a great job.
Next year we'll go for the Guiness Record! :)

http://www.desdeasturias.com/asturiasba ... idruta=113
-----------------------------------------------
Sí, Bob, los asturianos teníamos que haber mandado un "Drink Team"! :lol:
Este fin de semana tuvimos el Festival de la Sidra en Gijón, ubicado alrededor del Ayuntamiento, la Plaza Mayor y el puerto deportivo y vino todo el mundo. Nunca viste tanta gente en tan poco espacio en tu vida! No sé cuántos millones de litros de sidra se bebieron, pero fue un espectáculo.
Y el sábado por la noche tuvo lugar una especie de fiesta de la canción multitudinaria en la Plaza Mayor organizada por el Ayuntamiento. Incluso repartieron cancioneros, y tenías que haber visto a 2 o 3 mil personas apelotonadas en aquella plaza tan pequeña y cantando canciones tradicionales a voz en cuello, bajo la dirección de un coro local - creo que el Orfeón Gijonés - que estaban en un escenario y lo hicieron genial.
El año que viene vamos a por el récord Guiness. :)

Saludos
Terechu

http://www.desdeasturias.com/asturiasba ... idruta=113
Barbara Alonso Novellino

Hi Terechu,

Thank you for your kind words. Figure Skating is a very beautiful thing to watch.

I am sending a Slide Show from a Competition she did the beginning of August.

She did: Freestyle (required elements) to Gigi First Place
Showcase (white boxer shorts) to Rocky Second Place
Interpetive (make up your own routine) First Place
Spin and Jump (required elements) First Place

The Competition yesterday was a more difficult one in New Jersey...This one she received a Silver Medal. She only did her Freestyle to Gigi...

Regards....

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prs ... 146728&t=1
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

WOW! Thanks for the pics, Barbara, I really enjoyed them. Your grandaughter is already quite the little professional skater - as you say, she does looked poised and confident plus its obvious she's having a ball. She is definitely in her element here and if she's willing to put up with all the sacrifice and the schedules of training and competing, I would certainly encourage her to carry on.
Why don't you have Art insert a couple of the pictures in the Family Album? We have to show off our little talents in this peculiar little cyber-family that we are.
The prettiest pic is the one where she is upright, with her right arm straight up, the left one horizontal and that cute smile on her face.

---------------------------------------------------------------
WOW! Gracias por las fotos, Barbara, me "prestaron" mucho. Tu nieta ya parece una pequeña patinadora profesional. Como tú dices, parece muy confiada y tranquila, además de estar evidentemente pasándolo bomba. Desdeluego está completamente en su salsa y si ella está dispuesta a pasar por el sacrificio y los horarios de los entranamientos y las competiciones, yo desdeluego que la apoyaría para que siguiera.
Por qué no pides a Art que inserte alguna de estas fotos en el Album Familiar? Tenemos que presumir de los pequeños talentos de esta peculiar ciberfamilia que somos.
La foto más guapa es donde está derecha con el brazo derecho hacia arriba, el izquierdo horizontal y esa sonrisa tan guapa.

Un abrazo
Terechu
Barbara Alonso Novellino

Hi Terechu,

I am so glad that you enjoyed the pictures. :P

It would be fine for Art to put her picture in the Album..

Again Thank You...

Abrzios a ti (Hope thats right, my Spanish is not what it used to be)
jomaguca

preciosas fotos

Post by jomaguca »

Barbara, preciosas fotos de sú nieta ,no es por nada pero tiene planta de campeona y seguro qué sí le gusta y no lo deja cuando sea mayor yo le deseo qué llegue a lo más alto y qué cuando sea Campeona venga a campeonatos aquí en España y podamos divertirnos viendola patinar ,Usted animela mucho para qué siga .saludos
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Translation of jomaguca's message to Barbara:

Barbara, what beautiful pictures of your grandaughter, and if you don't mind my saying so, she already has the poise of a champion. So if she likes it and doesn't quit when she's older, I wish for her to reach the top and when she becomes a champion she can come to Spain to compete so we can see and enjoy her skating. Do encourage her all you can so she carrys on.
Greetings
Barbara Alonso Novellino

Thank you Jomaguca,

She is loves Ice Skating...hopefully as she gets older she will continue. If she does compete in Spain...you can be sure her Grandparents will come with her....Again, Thank You

Return to “General Discussion - Discusión general”