Photography

2-D & 3-D disciplines: painting, sculpture, ceramics, printmaking, jewelry, etc.<br>
Disciplinas bidimensional y tridimensional: pintura, escultura, cerámica, grabado, alhajas, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Terechu

Photography

Post by Terechu »

Si os gusta la fotografía, no os perdáis la página web “Nuestras mejores imágines.com”, http://www.nuestrasmejoresimagenes.com/ de los fotógrafos asturianos Roberto Tolín, Orlando Miranda, J.L. Valdés y Antonio Vázquez.

Y aunque no os interese la fotografía en sí, estas imágenes tenéis que verlas. Las fotografías aéreas de la costa de Asturias de Tolín son de caer de espaldas, las de la flora y fauna autóctona de Miranda y Vázquez son famosísimas, sobre todo las de los osos, lobos y urogallos y nuestros paisajes por José Luis Valdés tenéis que verlos vosotros mismos. Son los cuatro a cual mejor.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like photography, don’t miss out on the web site “Our best images.com” Roberto Tolín, Orlando Miranda, J.L. Valdés y Antonio Vázquez. http://www.nuestrasmejoresimagenes.com/ by the Asturian photographers Roberto Tolín, Orlando Miranda, J.L. Valdés y Antonio Vázquez.

And even if you’re not interested in photography “per se”, these images you’ve got to see. Tolín’s aerial shots of the Asturian coast will knock you off your socks, those of our flora and fauna by Miranda and Vázquez are world famous, especially those of our bears, wolves and capercaillies, and our landscapes by José Luis Valdés you just have to see for yourselves. They’re one better than the other.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Yes, those images of the animals by Antonio Vázquez are especially interesting, since many of them we don't have here in the US.

-----------

Sí, las imagenes de los animales (jabalí, rebeco, oso pardo, lobo ibérica, gato montés, urogallo, etc.) por Antonio Vázquez son especialmente interesante por que no vemos animales así aquí en los EU.[/img]
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

I love Antonio Vázquez's animal photos, too. Especially the one of the wild cat and the one of the bear on a cliff looking out over a typical Asturian autumn landscape, with bare trees and its enclosed meadows and pastures. But to be quite honest, the one I like the best - and I admit it's the woman in me, because most men might find it too cute - is the one of the two tiny roe deer babies (I don't know if baby roe deer have a specific name - roe fawn maybe?). Anyway, it's a beautiful picture and very difficult to make.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A mí también me gustan mucho las fotos de fauna de Antonio Vázquez. Especialmente la del gato montés y la del oso pardo sobre una roca en plan vigía sobre un paisaje otoñal típicamente asturiano, de prados y pastos cercados y los árboles sin hoja. Pero a decir verdad, la que más me gusta - y reconozco que es por ser mujer, ya que para los hombres quizá sea algo cursi - es la de las dos crías de corzo, que no sé si existirá un nombre específico para ellas (como cervato/cervatillo para las de ciervo). En cualquier caso es una foto preciosa y difícil de conseguir.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Ha! Yeah, it might be a female thing.

As you said, the babies of deer are "fawn" in English, so it probably would be "roe fawn," although I can't remember hearing a species descriptive used with "fawn.".

--------

¡Ja! Sí, debe ser una cosa de mujeres.

Como dijiste, las crias de los ciervos se llaman "fawns" (cervatos) en inglés, entonces probablemente se dice "roe fawn", pero no recuerdo alguien usando un descriptivo de especie con "fawn".

Return to “Visual Art - Artes visuales”