Asturias to Puerto Rico abt 1850 info needed...

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

ars_sr

Asturias to Puerto Rico abt 1850 info needed...

Post by ars_sr »

My gg-grandfather Ramon Suarez was from Asturias. He travelled to Bayamon, Puerto Rico in abt 1850 . Does anybody have information about Asturias to Puerto Rico immigration around that time? Thank You.
Vilma

Angel del Busto -- from/de Cudillero to/a Puerto Rico

Post by Vilma »

Mi bisabuelo también emigró a Puerto Rico desde Cudillero pero creo fue después de esa fecha ya que aproximadamente esa es la fecha de nacimeinto su nombre era Angel del Busto si alguien tiene información please me avisan?

----------------
trans. Art

My great-grandfather also emigrated to Puerto Rico from Cudillero, but I think it was after that date, since that is about the date he was born. His name was Angel del Busto. if anyone has information, please let me know.
ecobas43

Post by ecobas43 »

Hay un libro titulado: "La Emigracion de Asturianos a America" el autor es Rafael Anes Alvarez; puede ser que tenga informacion que te ayude. Lo puedes encontrar en la biblioteca publica en los Estados Unidos y puede ser que en una cercana a ti.

----------------
There is a book titled (see spanish name above) The Immigration of Asturianos to America by Rafael Anes Alvarez which may have information that will be of help to you. You can fine this book inthe public library in the USA or perhaps one near you.

Esilda
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks Esilda,

The complete citation and Library of Congress call number is

Anes Alvarez, Rafael.
La emigración de asturianos a América. 1. ed. Colombres, Asturias: Archivo de Indianos, 1993. 174 p.
LC call number: F1419 .S63 A63 1993
LC control number: 94202127

Bob
Frank

Asturias to Puerto Rico

Post by Frank »

The following book would is very helpful: Cifre de Loubriel, Estela.
La formación del pueblo puertorriqueño. Contribución de los gallegos, asturianos y santanderinos. 1. ed. Río Piedras, P.R.: Editorial de la Universidad de Puerto Rico, 1989. 585 p. Ill., map.

Hope I'm not to late.

Frank
Frank

Asturias to Puerto Rico

Post by Frank »

The following book would is very helpful: Cifre de Loubriel, Estela.
La formación del pueblo puertorriqueño. Contribución de los gallegos, asturianos y santanderinos. 1. ed. Río Piedras, P.R.: Editorial de la Universidad de Puerto Rico, 1989. 585 p. Ill., map.

Hope I'm not to late.

Frank
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks, Frank. I didn't know aboout that publication. Here is the complete citation with Library of Congress numbers:

Cifre de Loubriel, Estela.
LC call number: F1983 .S63C54 1989
LC control number: 88014366
Catalog Record

Contains 5,241 brief biographies with genealogical information about 19th-century immigrants to Puerto Rico from Galicia, Asturias, and Santander (3,117 from Galicia, 1,668 from Asturias, 456 from Santander). Lists of males of each group, with names of wife or fiancee, and place of origin in Spain. For widows, name of deceased husband is given. Statistical table for each of the three groups giving number of persons practicing specific professions and for each profession the number from each town in Spain. List of towns with number of people from each residing in Puerto Rico. Pages 175-585 list men and women by paternal surname with a brief biography containing some or all of the following data: parents, place of birth, spouse and spouse's place of birth, educational background, date of emigration, profession, place of employment in Puerto Rico including name of business or firm, military background, military or civil honors conferred, date and cause of death, and survivors.

ss

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”