Origin of the lastname Victorero

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

youarenothere

Post by youarenothere »

I am a Victorero as well. I live in Miami, Fl. I have heard about the possibility of the name originating in Italy, and I always thought that all Victorero's must be related in some way. It's very interesting to find all of this out. I'm happy to have found this topic.

To the parent of Alex Victorero from Audiology. It's interesting. I just stumbled onto his band's website the other day when searching my name, and here I find his parent posting in this thread.

I myself am half Cuban, half American(German-Scottish decent), and I don't look Cuban at all. So I don't carry the looks from my Victorero side.

I've met one other Victorero. I had another Victorero in my math class when I was 13, and we figured we were related in some way, but never looked into it.

I'd love to find out more about our family history, but I usually come up with very little information.
Art
Site Admin

Victorero Victoria Cigarette Rolling Machine

Post by Art »

Recently, a Florida man, Harvey Kornicks, contacted me because he was researching the Victorero "Victoria" cigarette rolling machine. He has one of these machines and sent me the following information and photos. (You can email me if you want to contact Harvey.)

Size of the Victoria (approximate)
Width: 5 1/2" (inches)
Length (open): 13"
Height: 7 3/4"

Platform (wood base) measurements
Width: 5 /3/4"
Length: 10 1/2"
Thickness: 1/2"

Recientemente, un hombre de Florida, Harvey Kornicks, se puso en contacto conmigo porque él investigaba el Victorero "Victoria" máquina de rodamiento de cigarrillos. Él tiene una de estas máquinas y me envió la información siguiente y las fotos. (Puedes enviarme por correo electrónico si quieres ponerte en contacto con Harvey.)

Tamaño de Victoria (aproximada)
Anchura: 5 1/2" (pulgadas)
Longitud (abierta): 13"
Altura: 7 3/4"

Medidas de la plataforma (base de madera)
Anchura: 5/3/4"
Longitud: 10 1/2"
Grosor: 1/2"
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Great finding, Art! The Victoria cigarette machine was invented precisely by the Victorero brothers from Lastres, who became wealthy in Mexico and had to go into exile after Pancho Villa took over. See my initial post about the Victorero documentary on TV.

------------------------------------------------------------
Qué gran hallazgo, Art. La máquina de cigarrillos Victoria la inventaron precisamente los hermanos Victorero de Lastres, que se hicieron ricos en México y se tuviero que exiliar cuando llegó al poder Pancho Villa. Ver mi post inicial sobre el documental de televisión sobre los Victorero.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Actually, Terechu, I think it was your message that got Harvey's attention. If you have any more information on the Victorero brothers or the invention, I'm sure Harvey would be interested.

-------------------

En realidad, Terechu, creo que era tu mensaje que llamó al attención de Harvey. Si tienes otra información más sobre los hermanos Victoreros o la invención, estoy seguro que le interesaría mucho a Harvey.
Solario

Post by Solario »

Hello, I am a descendant of the Victorero last name. My Grandfather on my mom's side of the family was a Victorero. He was born, raised and lived in Camaguey, Cuba, until He along with my Mom, Aunt, Uncle and Grandmother moved to America. Unfortunately my grandfather passed away before being able to gather much information on the name from him. So I have been looking on the net for any information and am glad to have stumbled upon this site.
petite_elo

Post by petite_elo »

Hello,
My name is Elodie Victorero. I've been researching on my grandfather and his family for a little bit, but I'm new at this and I don't really know where to look. His name was Manuel Victorero, he escaped Spain and went to France because of the civil war. I know for a fact that his step-brother told on him and that his own father was shot because he woudn't give his son. My grandfather died 10 years ago and I was too young to ask him questions, and on the other hand, he never spoke about it, because it was too painful.
Anyway, I'm hoping someone could help on my research.
Thank you.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Bienvenue, Elodie!

Veuillez mettre toutes les réponses à Elodie ici : http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1934
Sa cousin Arlette a posé une question semblable là.

------------------------

Welcome, Elodie!

Let's put any replies to Elodie here:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1934
Her cousin Arlette has asked a similar question there.

------------------------

¡Bienvenida, Elodie!

Se ruega que pongamos todos respuestas a la pregunta de Elodie aquí:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1934
Su prima Arlette ha pegado un pregunta parecido allá.
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Bienvenida, Elodie:

En la guía telefónica hay unos cuantos Victorero en Luces, Lastres. Te envío el link, por si quieres ponerte en contacto con alguno. Teniendo en cuenta que la generación de tus padres está desapareciendo, no pierdas tiempo y ven a Asturias en persona. Estoy segura que encontrarás más parientes de lo que pensabas.

Welcome Elodie!

There are several VIctoreros in Luces, Lastres, in the phone book. Here's the link, in case you want to contact any of them. Considering the fact that your parents' generation is disappearing, don't waste time and come to Asturias in person. I'm sure you'll find more relatives than you imagined.

http://blancas.paginasamarillas.es/jsp/ ... v=Asturias

---------------------
trans. Art

Il y a plusieurs Victoreros dans les Luces, Lastres, dans le livre de téléphone. Voici le lien, si vous voudriez les contacter. En vue du fait que la génération de vos parents disparaît, ne perdez pas le temps. Venez vous-même en Asturias. Je suis sûr de que vous trouverez plus de parents que vous avez imaginé.
Catmom

Post by Catmom »

Bob wrote:One possible source of information can be found at http://www.ldelpino.com/hidalg.html Keep in mind that many surnames have multiple origins. You might want to explore the rest of Luis del Pino's site as well.
Bob bonjour,

je suis allée voir le lien mais il ne fonctionne plus. N'en as tu un autre SVP?

Merci par avance.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Bonjour, Catmom,
Vous avez raison : Il s'avère que cet site web est maintenant mort, mais l'information est encore disponible dans les archives de www.WaybackMachine.org : http://web.archive.org/web/200501210915 ... eneal.html

---------------------

Hi, Catmom,
You're right: It appears that that site is now gone, but the info is still available in the www.WaybackMachine.org archive:
http://web.archive.org/web/200501210915 ... eneal.html

----------------

Hola, Catmom:
Tienes razón: esta página está muerto, pero su información aún es disponible en el archivo del www.WaybackMachine.org:
http://web.archive.org/web/200501210915 ... eneal.html
MANUSCRITOS

Maquina Victoria

Post by MANUSCRITOS »

Hola antes que nada queria saludarlos desde Argentina.
Poseo un negocio de Antiguedades en Argentina y tenemos una maquina de cigarrillos Victoria como la de las fotos.

Cualquier inquietud no duden en comunicarse [Art: se ruega usar el botón abajo].

Saludos

Eduardo
RVictorero

Post by RVictorero »

Hello,
My name is Roberto Victorero i live in Miami, FL with my father Roberto Victorero jr. who was born to Roberto Victorero Sr. in San Antonio los Banos Cuba i don't know much about the name Victorero i do however have a copy of the families coats of arms of which one of my fathers cousins has the original which was given to her by a Victorero in Spain. if anyone has any information i would like to hear about it.

Thank you
Robert
fitzgeraldacf

Post by fitzgeraldacf »

annette,

please contact me. francisco vitorero married lily diaz, born in new york in july 1879. lily was the daughter of alvaro j diaz suarez [20 jan 1856, puerto principe, cienfuegos, cuba and emma wetzler [3 mar 1857, philadelphia, pa]. alvaro's parents were miguel diaz suarez [1821, la gomera, canary island to 24 aug 1902, tampa, florida] and micaela diaz y diaz [8 may 1839, guamacama, matanzas, cuba to 20 sep 1918, tampa, florida]. upon doing a phone search, I found no vitoreros in the us. however, ancestry has an israel in florida and an M. in texas as well as in new jersey.

I would love to get any info you have on the vitorero line.

thank you,

fitzgeraldacf@yahoo.com

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”