Moderator: Moderators

Bob

Software n'asturianu - software in Asturian

Post by Bob »

http://software.altuxa.com/softastur/index.php

Firefox in Asturian is here.

Firefox n'asturianu ta equí.

Firefox en asturiano está aquí.
Last edited by Bob on Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris
Translator

Post by Chris »

Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks Chris. I fixed my original post after seeing your correction. I have no idea where the extra inserted character (í) came from.

Bob
Germán

Post by Germán »

Thanks for the link, Bob.

The title of your post reminds me of the old million dollar question... how do you translate the word "software" to Spanish/Asturian? I guess this is now like asking for the lyrics of the Spanish national anthem... :roll:

The term was long debated in Spanish techno-linguistic forums. Some tentative translations were proposed time ago: soporte o componentes lógicos, logical, programario o programática, sófuer (sic)... I do not remember though hearing of blandario, blandal or other blandoides (besides semantic and other grammatical issues, they probably do not sound technical enough anyway). I could also argue that computer programs do not always behave logically... especially when you need it most. :-D The English word is now commonly used and it is accepted by the Spanish Royal Academy.

You can find in the link below a bunch of good resources for the translation to Spanish of computer-related terms. I am not familiar with similar projects in Asturian.
http://www.gsi.dit.upm.es/~gfer/spanglish/

Return to “Asturian & Bable - Asturianu y bables”