San Cristóbal cemetery

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Charolette

San Cristóbal cemetery

Post by Charolette »

Hola
Can anyone tell me anything about the San Cristóbal cemetery in Avilés? Is it a church cemetery?
Thanks
Charolette
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

I assume that the "San Cristóbal cemetery" is the one in San Cristóbal, up on the hill above the main city of Avilés. Yes, the cemetery I know is located with San Cristóbal's parish church. As I recall, all of the graves are wall niches (and possibly raised stone crypts).

What did you want to know?

-------------------------

Supongo que el "cementerio de San Cristóbal" es el de San Cristóbal, en lo alto del monte, más arriba de la ciudad de Avilés. Sí, sé que el cementerio se encuentra con la iglesia parroquial de San Cristóbal. Según recuerdo, todas las tumbas son nichos de pared (y posiblemente criptas de piedra elevadas).

¿Qué deseas saber?
Charolette

Post by Charolette »

Hi Art
I just received my great grandmothers (Maria Lopes Conde) death record, and it said that she was buried in the San Cristobal cemetary.
I'm guessing that if that is where she is buried her husband and maybe other family members are also.
The record said that she lived in La Maruca Aviles , but was buried in San Cristobal.
I'm hoping to go to Aviles in a year or two, and I want to get all the information I can before then.
Thanks
Charolette

-------------------------------------

Trans. Ana

Hola Art:

Acabo de recibir el certificado de defunción de mi bisabuela (Maria Lopes Conde), donde figura que está enterrada en el cementerio de San Cristóbal.

Me pregunto si es el cementerio en el que yacen ella, su marido y quizás algún otro familiar. Según el certificado vivía en La Maruca (Avilés), pero que fue enterrada en San Cristóbal.

Espero ir a Avilés en uno o dos años y me gustaría recopilar la mayor información posible antes.

Gracias.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

I've not visited La Maruca, which seems to lie to the north of the main city of Avilés, near the bend in the road to Salinas. There's a parish there, San José Obrero de La Maruca.

There is a section of San Cristóbal called "Campo de Conde." In fact, we might be related because my great grandmother was a Conde, María Conde (1854-1944). She was the daughter of Juan Conde of San Cristóbal and María Alonso of Pillarno (Castrillón). María Conde was married to Antonio Menéndez Alvarez. Does any of that fit your data?

If your great-grandmother was named María Lopez Conde, then her mother was probably a Conde. Maybe your great-great-grandmother was a sister of one of Juan Conde's brothers? I don't have any data on his siblings. Do you have dates for María Lopez Conde? Do you know any of her siblings or parents?

-----------------------

No he visitado La Maruca, que parece estar situado al norte del centro de la ciudad de Avilés, cerca de la curva en la carretera hasta Salinas. Hay una parroquia allí, San José Obrero de La Maruca.

Hay una sección de San Cristóbal llamado "Campo de Conde". De hecho, quizás estemos parientes porque mi bizabuela era una Conde, María Conde (1854-1944). Era la hija de Juan Conde (de San Cristóbal) y María Alonso (de Pillarno, Castrillón). María Conde se casó con Antonio Menénde Álvarez. ¿Cabe alguna parte de ese con tus datos?

Si tu bisabuela se llamaba María López Conde, entonces su madre probablemente fue una Conde. Tal vez tu tatarabuela fue una hermana de un hermano de Juan Conde? No tengo datos sobre sus hermanos. ¿Tienes fechas para María Lopez Conde? ¿Sabes de algunos de sus hermanos o padres?
Charolette

Post by Charolette »

Maria Lopes Conde was born on March 5th 1869 and died August 14,1959. Her death record says that her father was Alejandro and her mother was Josefa. Maria was married to Hermenigildo Alonso. I have a birth record for an uncle that was born in Aviles, and it says that Maria and Hermenigildo came from San Cristobal Aviles. I believe that they lived in La Maruca and had a business that had something to do with a trambia station and/or a bar or restaurant. Her death record says that she lived in La Maruca. This death record is the first time that I knew that her name was Conde
Charolette

-----------------------------------------------

Trans. Ana

Maria Lopes Conde nació el 5 de marzo de 1869 y falleció el 14 de agosto de 1959. Según consta en el certificado de defunción, era hija de Alejandro y Josefa. Maria estaba casada con Hermenegildo Alonso. Tengo la partida de nacimiento de un tío mío que nació en Avilés, donde figura que Maria y Hermenegildo era de San Cristóbal (Avilés). Creo que vivieron en La Maruca y tenían un negocio o algo que ver con la estación del tranvía y/o un bar o un restaurante. En su certificado de defunción consta que vivía en La Maruca. Por el certificado de defunción sé que su apellido era Conde.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hi, Charolette,

She's about the same generation as my María Conde. Do you have the last names for her parents or the names of her aunts and uncles? Or the dates for these people?

----------

Hola, Charolette:

Ella es alrededor de la misma generación que la mía María Conde. ¿Tienes los apellidos de de sus padres o los nombres de sus tías y tíos? ¿O las fechas de ellos?
Charolette

Post by Charolette »

Hi Art
This is all the information I have on Maria. I just found out that she was a Conde and what her parent first names were. I'll be looking for more information. I just haven't quite figured out what my next step is going to be.
Thanks
Charolette

--------------------------------

Trans. Ana

Hola Art:

Esta es toda la información de la que dispongo. Me acabo de enterar de que se apellidaba Conde y de cómo se llamaban sus padres. Buscaré más informacion, aunque no sé cúal será el siguiente paso.

Gracias.
Mafalda

Post by Mafalda »

Pondré un enlace para Charlotte, se puede ver donde estan situados San Cristobal y La Maruca, como veis muy cerca el uno del otro, ¡aunque la cuesta es muy empinada!. San Cristobal es todo, desde El Montan a la Folleca y desde Los Cantos hasta La Atalaya y El Coto Carcedo.
Tambien se ve el Campo del Conde, y justo encima de donde pone "Entreviñas" veras un punto rojo y una cruz, ahi esta la iglesia, y el cementerio al lado.

ESLABÓN - LINK

Art: si entras en: http://sigpac.mapa.es/fega/visor/
seguro que pasarás un buen rato identificando los lugares que acabas de visitar, es genial este programa, puedes hacer una excursión por cualquier sitio en un momento.

-------------------
trans. Art

I'll post a link for Charlotte, so you can see where San Cristobal and La Maruca are located. As you can see, they're very close to each other, although the slope is very steep! San Cristobal is everything from El Montan to Folleca and from Los Cantos to La Atalaya and El Coto Carcedo.
Also there's the Campo de Conde, and just above where it says "Entreviñas" you'll see a red dot and a cross; that's the church, and the cemetery next door.

ESLABÓN - LINK

Art: If you go to: http://sigpac.mapa.es/fega/visor/
I'm sure you'll spend a lot of time identifying the places you just visited. This program is great. You can take an trip to anywhere in just a second.
"Comienza tu día con una sonrisa, verás lo divertido que es ir por ahí desentonando con todo el mundo."
Mi amiguita Libertad ________Image
Charolette

Post by Charolette »

Hola Mafalda
Thank You, the map was great. I found the cemetery and church. Now I'll write to the church and see if they have any information.
Thanks again
Charolette

---------------------------------------

Hola Mafalda:

Gracias, el mapa es estupendo. He encontrado el cementerio y la iglesia. Ahora escribiré a la iglesia a ver si saben algo.

Gracias una vez más.
Mallo from Asturias

Post by Mallo from Asturias »

Dear Charolette,
La Maruca, is a little town near Aviles (were Im from). San Cristobal and La Maruca are "districts" of AViles, and in Aviles there are some parish, one of them is San Cristobal. The graveyard and the church are very closed as you can see in a picture, and both have the same name. At the begining of XX century, the people who was born in La Maruca uses to register their childs (birth certificate and also death certificate) in San Cristobal because was the nearest parish, so if your relatives were born in La Maruca, all the docs are conservated in San Cristobal parish. You can write to father Don Antonio, who is the priest of San Cristobal.
The parish called "San Jose Obrero de la Maruca" that Art mention, is a new parish and church builded in the seventies of XX (near 1970) so you dont find any information there.
If it is possible you could tell some details regarding the name of the restaurant near the tramway
Charolette

Post by Charolette »

Hola Jose
Thank you for your information. I really appreciate it. I will write to the San Cristobal Parish. I'm just trying to figure out what I want to ask for without asking for too much.
All we know about the restaurant/bar is what little my Grandmother told my Mother and Uncle. She said that her parents (Maria Lopes Conde and Hermenigildo Alonso) owned a bar/restaurant and it had to do with the trolly's or trambia's (where they came). This would be in the very eary 1900's. We don't know if it was some kind of station or what, but it was in La Maruca where they lived.
Thank you again
Charolette

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”