desde otro viajero en la nave espacial la tierra:

Tell us your story!<br>
¡Dinos tu historia!

Moderator: Moderators

Terechu
asturias_and_me:

Post by Terechu »

50.000 Euros por un pajar en ruinas? Menudo atraco! Tiene terreno, al menos?

50.000 Eur for a barn in ruins? Some rip-off! Does it have any land to go with it at least?
Bob
asturias_and_me:

Post by Bob »

If there were a bit of land with it, that price in New England would not be too bad if you had the money to turn it into decent housing. More significant issues would be the availability of running water and electricity, without which turning the barn into a house would be impossible. In other areas of the EEUU, housing is much less expensive. In Niagara Falls, where I grew up, you could buy a very nice three bedroom house in very good condition for the asking price of the barn.
tierradenadie
asturias_and_me:

Post by tierradenadie »

a propósito: he dicho a una amiga que el otro día cuando trasquilé las ovejas hemos echado la lana. no lo creía. y yo no supe que contestar. ahora me escribe esto:

"... btw,
was with my parents and i told them about you and your adventures in barodia... i described what i knew of you shearing the sheep.
they were excited and it lead to a long story of my mother recollecting childhood stuff from the village...
i will summarize what is useful for you and what she wanted me to transmit right away:

after you shear the sheep, take the wool and wash it in clear water first, preferrably rain water, to get the thick stuff off. use that water to water your garden because it's full of nutrients. then, wash the wool, thoroughly with solution made by putting hot water over ashes. it's called "leshye" in romanian. the romanian spelling of this word is lesie but what i put in quotes before, is the pronunciation.
after the wool is nicely washed, let it dry in the sun on the grass. then, collect it and fragment it with your fingers in tiny little pieces, removing any debris that might be entangled in it...this could take quite some time... you can then put it between two layers of fabric and make a nice quilt or you can use it to insulate the floor in your tent...or you could make it into yarn... it is very warm and nice.

end der durchsage from rodica and tavi "
tierradenadie
asturias_and_me:

Post by tierradenadie »

Terechu wrote:50.000 Euros por un pajar en ruinas? Menudo atraco! Tiene terreno, al menos?
zip. nix. nada
tierradenadie
asturias_and_me:

Post by tierradenadie »

Bob wrote:you could buy a .... for the asking price of the barn.
bob, me+-parece se puede comprar, másomenos, la mitad de, por ejemplo, haiti por una pila de tanta guita
Terechu
asturias_and_me:

Post by Terechu »

tierradenadie wrote:a propósito: he dicho a una amiga que el otro día cuando trasquilé las ovejas hemos echado la lana. no lo creía. y yo no supe que contestar. ahora me escribe esto:

"... btw,
was with my parents and i told them about you and your adventures in barodia... i described what i knew of you shearing the sheep.
they were excited and it lead to a long story of my mother recollecting childhood stuff from the village...
i will summarize what is useful for you and what she wanted me to transmit right away:

after you shear the sheep, take the wool and wash it in clear water first, preferrably rain water, to get the thick stuff off. use that water to water your garden because it's full of nutrients. then, wash the wool, thoroughly with solution made by putting hot water over ashes. it's called "leshye" in romanian. the romanian spelling of this word is lesie but what i put in quotes before, is the pronunciation.
after the wool is nicely washed, let it dry in the sun on the grass. then, collect it and fragment it with your fingers in tiny little pieces, removing any debris that might be entangled in it...this could take quite some time... you can then put it between two layers of fabric and make a nice quilt or you can use it to insulate the floor in your tent...or you could make it into yarn... it is very warm and nice.

end der durchsage from rodica and tavi "
Or you can make a mattress! There is nothing on this earth warmer and cosier than a wool mattress,
tierradenadie
asturias_and_me:

Post by tierradenadie »

aquí una foto aérea de la carretera { roja } de la cruce carreña-canales. no sé cuantas veces la he caminado ya. muchas. abajo y arriba. pero hoy, por la primera vez, un coche paró y el conductor me preguntó si me gustaría subir { cuando caminaba una vez por cuatro semanas en sscocia y inglaterra la gente me invitó frecuentemente }.... go go go figure. ß

tierradenadie
asturias_and_me:

Post by tierradenadie »

tierradenadie wrote:aquí una foto aérea de la carretera { roja } de la cruce carreña-canales.
acabo de marcar una linea verde. son dos caminos viejos. pedro me dijo que la gente solía usarlos. pero no más. no después el dios de combustión ha llegado. los caminos eran un atajo del pueblo hasta la carretera donde paraba un autobús. pero no más. ya he limpiado un camino - con una hacha, un machete, una guadaña, dos manos. hoy empezaba el otro para el rio. pensé estoy en un selva ~ tanto verde; arbustos, arboles, arbojos { vaya, más que sólo pAlAbrAs }... si veis un loco con un machete going wild, pues, probablemente es tierradenadie limpiando caminos 'muertos' --> quien nadie nunca va a usar. yep, this is the lifeath of a monk. mi manera de rastrillar la arena. pit
tierradenadie
asturias_and_me:

Post by tierradenadie »

una amiga acaba de llegar a españa { http://www.sunseed.org.uk/ }

{ watch out, spaniards, those fuckin krauts n yankees are coming, and all hellheavn might break loose }

i arrived. if you want to call me, we should set a time because the house with the phone is other than the house where my basecamp is and i can try to be nearby so you don't wait for too long.

took the bus from almeria to sorbas, about one hour through more desert and a few small villages. people got on and off in some places. eventually: SORBAS... the bus stopped there for 5 minutes and people on longer journeys stopped for a smoke or water etc.

i got off and looked all directions and the earth glows yellow and shades of tan. the sun: melting me! everything dry and i can see/sense me drying up here like the tomatoes a man was drying in front of his house on a trampuline like structure, wearing a sunhat, with all the time in the world, it seemed! didn't study him for long, the bus was moving slowly and we passed him. all hard surfaces radiating, emanating: HEAT... once off the bus, crossed the street, rolling my case to enter a coffee shop with public phone signs to call these guys here at sunseed or to call a taxi cab and the handle rips off! so, i think, at least i made it this far!

arrived at sunseed and was welcome by geoff who was guiding a jeep that was backing off on a very narrow path: a glovefit made of desert rock on one side and a steep valley on the other side... he made it, though the tolerances were in the range of less than one inch, no joke. my timing was perfect, lunch was being served in 15 minutes, just enough for me to settle in my room in an adobe building, near the main house where i am now, in one of teh 4 houses that sunseed has here.

today, i don't have to officially work yet, but tomorrow i will start in the gardens with dara. she showed me around a bit, tonight i will help with the watering, around 7 after dinner.

the place is much as i had imagined. it's laid back and lazy. i feel like i've been here for much longer than i have because my senses tell me that time here passes very slowly... the valley is quite, i hear some birds in the distance, the wind rushing through some leaves and nothing else... i will go and explore when the heat passes a little. supposedly, down a path, some 10 minutes away there is a pool that is fed by the irrigation line, running water passes through it... the people seem nice and reserved, nobody asked me too many questions, they've been helpful and friendly slowly introducing me to the rules of the place.

more later.
ciao
Bob
asturias_and_me:

Post by Bob »

That sounds like a lot of work, Peter. You have far more energy than I do. My idea of dealing with vegetation is watering the houseplants and picking off the dead leaves. We hire people to mow the lawn and take care of the garden. I can't do it any more.
is
asturias_and_me:

Post by is »

Thanks for the GoogleEarth map, Tierradenaide. A friend (Busto) asked me where you were and plugged Berodia into GoogleEarth and then he says, 'Oh, it's behind the Cuera'. Now I realize where you are and why it's out of the way of tourist hordes up there. Looks delicious. As for clearing paths (caleyes), I see your frustration. When people stopped having livestock, those paths fell into disuse and vegetation grew back. I've often found myself doing the same thing you're doing. People will appreciate your work--just make sure you tell the mayor to get credit!
tierradenadie
asturias_and_me:

Post by tierradenadie »

estoy tan aburrido aquí, más+-menso paso medio+-díanoche con ooortigas

{ no tengo ni la más mínimaidea que voy a des+-hacer cuando me quedo sin ellas }
tierradenadie
asturias_and_me:

Post by tierradenadie »

Is wrote:Thanks for the GoogleEarth map
herr parIs, la verdad es: http://www.ign.es/iberpix/visoriberpix/visorign.html { gracias burropedro } ~ una program con más pormenores
Is wrote: Now I realize where you are and why it's out of the way of tourist hordes up there
hoy, cuando regresé del valle encontré al menos diez coches{choques??} en la carretera chica arriba a berodia. no me sonaba ningunas de las cararas - excepto la faz del amable tío del camión de leche, quien veo casi cada día, y quien voy a parar una vez para charlar.

a propósito : he hecho más monking esta mañana { más arena verde
Is wrote: --just make sure you tell the mayor to get credit!
haha, sure... more likely they will shackle me because i keep walking around wielding a machete, and i am told: its illegal to carry one { just another reason to go n take one for a walk }. {{ you s@@, i got a little somethinkg going for/with aaaauthorities }]
Art
Site Admin
asturias_and_me:

Post by Art »

Is there still ice on the ground there? What's the weather like? ¿What kind of clothes do you wear?

---------------------

¿Todavía hay hielo por el suelo allí? ¿Qué tiempo hace? ¿Qué ropa llevas?
Bob
asturias_and_me:

Post by Bob »

I haven't owned a guadaña for years, although I do have a harpoon (technically a lance for whaling, since it doesn't have barbs on the blade). Where is Captain Ahab when we need him?

Ahab: "Blacksmith, I set ye a task. Take these harpoons and lances. Melt them down. Forge me new weapons that will strike deep and hold fast. But do not douse them in water; they must have a proper baptism. What say ye, all ye men? Will you give as much blood as shall be needed to temper the steel?"

Uh, maybe not....

Return to “Introduction of Members - Presentación de miembros”