Tell us your story!<br>
¡Dinos tu historia!

Moderator: Moderators

jareces
asturias_and_me:

I am an Asturias fanatic!

Post by jareces »

Hola!
For the last 3 years I have been on an extensive search to develop the family tree. This quest has taken me to Asturias the land of my great grandfather, and the subject of many wonderful tales told to me by my grandfather. I immediately fell in love with the land of my ancestors. I think my DNA woke up when I finally reached the small hamlet where my ancestors were buried. I simply can't get enough. We have traveled back every year on vacation, and each time I meet family and become more soaked in the wonderful culture. More amazing is how my children have also come to cherish their Asturian roots. We have brought back to the rest of my family the talent of pouring cidra and how to enjoy fabada. Very recently I came upon this site after the being informed by the local Spanish Consulate. I have already posted a request for help in searching out more information about my family, and am excited to get a response. I also look forward to spend more time reading through all the wonderful information and culture provided by so many. I thank everyone for taking the time to help and educate someone like me and look forward to being a part of this group.

Return to “Introduction of Members - Presentación de miembros”