Alvarez, Suarez, Gutierrez - Grado Belmonte Siero Candamo

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Gloria

Alvarez, Suarez, Gutierrez - Grado Belmonte Siero Candamo

Post by Gloria »

Casa Beniton
Does anyone know where or what this means? This was my fathers house name in Grado?! Not sure. Thanks though
Gloria

Manuel Alvarez y Josefa Alvarez

Post by Gloria »

Can anyone help me find info on the above? My Great Grandparents. All I know is Manuel Alvarez was from Villandas (Grado) or Siero and Josefa Alvarez from Belmonte. O other surnames were attached. My father was their son Aurelio Alvarez Alvarez. Aurelio was from Villandas but my father was born in Grao Villandas.
Thanks anyone
Gloria

Jose Gutierrez y Joaquina Suarez

Post by Gloria »

Does anyone have info on these people. My Grandmother Esperanza Gutierrez Suarez, parents. Jose was a natural of Sorribas (Grado) and Joaquina from Aces (Candamo).

Thank you
Gloria

Surnames + Alvarez

Post by Gloria »

Hi, I'm wondering if surnames in Asturias( Grado, Belmonte) have different spellings, but are the same? Does anyone know how to gather info from the Village of Villandas?
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hello, Gloria,
I have combined most of your messages into one thread. Please keep your messages about one topic all in the same thread so that we can see what has already been done and understand the big picture.
Best wishes, Art
Gloria

Post by Gloria »

Hi, thanks. Wasn't quite sure about that, but thank you
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hi, Gloria,

I've added county (consejo) names to your messages to help us figure out where your families were from.

I'm not sure what these sentences mean:
O other surnames were attached. My father was their son Aurelio Alvarez Alvarez. Aurelio was from Villandas but my father was born in Grao Villandas.
You'll be able to see info and images of Villandás if you type this into Google: Villandás, Asturias, Spain
Last edited by Art on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gloria

Surnames

Post by Gloria »

Hi Art,
I am thankful for all your insight. I was trying to find out if there are different variations to surnames, but I've done some research and kind of figured it out. Surnames are so confusing when they are not listed completely in genealogy forums ( ancestry, my heritage, etc). My fathers baptism states that he was born in Grado, baptized at Santa Maria deVillandas, even with this info, I am at a standstill as to locating relatives. But I'll keep searching, hopefully one day, one year, someone, somewhere will make a connection. I do browse thru all the forums practically every day to find a clue. This site is great,
Thanks for all of your assistance and I am sure I will needypurhelp again and again.

Thank you
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

My question is this: In the first sentence it says that your father was named Aurelio Alvarez Alvarez. Then you say that Aurelio was from Villandás but your father was born in Grao.
O other surnames were attached. My father was their son Aurelio Alvarez Alvarez. Aurelio was from Villandas but my father was born in Grao Villandas.
Are there two people named Aurelio? Or are you saying that there is one Aurelio (your father) and that he was born in Grao and baptized in Villandás?

It would be helpful to see the document. It's possible that the word Grao was simply used to say that this relates to the consejo/county of Grao, but that everything happened in Villandás. I'm assuming that Grau or possibly Grao (Asturian) is the same as Grado (Spanish).

If he was baptized in a different town than he was born, that could suggest that someone in the family (grandparents?) was from that parish in Villandás. And that would lead me to believe that you would want to look there for his ancestors. I'd also guess that it was more common to move from small towns to larger towns in search of greater opportunities, but I could be wrong.
Gloria

My family

Post by Gloria »

Hi Art,
Guess I caused some confusion, sorry. My Grandfather was Aurelio Alvarez Alvarez, he was a natural of Siero and Villandas? My father was born in Grado in 1920 and baptized at Santa Maria deVillandas. The two places noted are what is on my father, Maximino Alvarez Gutierrez, baptism. The record states that my Great grandparents Manuel Alvarez was fr Siero, and my Great Grandmother Josefa Alvarez was a natural of Belmonte, but there aren't second last names to this record. I cannot find any information other than that. I saw on google maps that the two locations ( Villandas y Belmonte) are close in proximity to each other, so I've tried searching the surrounding villages and towns with no success.
Thanks a lot
Gloria

Post by Gloria »

Do you think it is possible, none of my relatives, first cousins, etc, don't want to be contacted, or maybe there simply is no one left! Hardly unlikely, I am determined to find someone. I know my cousin was or still is a doctor, just don't know where in Spain. Antonio Alvarez, he has a sister Dosinda, but can't find him anywhere in the medical field either. Just keep searching. I know my Aunt Palmira lat resided in Benidorm but think she has passed on by now, any help is so welcome. I have written letters to various government places in Oviedo, with no results yet.
Gloria

Family of Joaquina Suarez

Post by Gloria »

Hi, so completely forgot about my Grandmothers side, my Grandmother was Esperanza Gutierrez Suarez from Sorriba, her Parents were Jose Gutierrez from Sorribas and Joaquina Suarez from Aces. This info was on my fathers record also, again no second last names mentioned.

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”