Capacitando socios incapaces -- Helping helpless members

Art
Site Admin
asturias_and_me:

Capacitando socios incapaces -- Helping helpless members

Post by Art »

Hola, prim@s:

Carlos me ha escrito sobre las acciones de algunos socios que son aparentemente incapaces. Normalmente son interesados en genealogía y es obvio que no lean los mensajes previos en que hay instrucciones sobre como hacer una petición al Registro Civil, como buscar familia, etc.

Y notamos todos que muchos miembros nuevos no tienen ni idea de como funciona un foro. Otros no tienen cuidado en donde pegan sus mensajes. Escribo muchos correos explicando esas cosas y agradezco la ayuda similar de algunos de vosotros, también.

Para mí, los principios directores son éstos:
  1. Cada socio debe asumir responsabilidad por su mismo. No haré lo que pueden hacer ellos mismos. No somos conserjes de un hotel; somos adultos regulares. (¿Alguien quiere un eslabón a su Centro Asturiano? Muy bien, dile empezar un tema nuevo, y punto.)
  2. Lo que haré es dar las herramientas que les ayuden. (¡Dime si falta algo!)
  3. Normalmente no llevo a cabo el negocio del foro por correo porque priva al foro de esa información. Si alguien me envía un correo o mensaje privado, le pido escribir un mensaje en el foro.
  4. Si ya existe la información que pide alguien, basta dar la dirección en el foro. (Doy ejemplos abajo.)
Sobre los correos y mensajes privados que recibimos, si no han registrado y quieren ayuda privada fuera del foro, creo que es importante que registran. En la mayoría de casos tiene sentido que les ayudamos el foro. Casi siempre doy la respuesta, "Hay que escribir su pregunta en el foro donde hay muchos personas quienes pueden ayudarle." No queremos fomentar flojera, ¡¿verdad?!

Sobre las preguntas que ya tienen respuestas, hay respuestas sobre como usar el foro en estas secciones: Y hay ayuda específica en estos "stickies": Además, Carlos está pensando escribir un listado de juzgados con el Registro Civil de toda Asturies, una idea muy buena.

Y para terminar, hay algunas cosas más que harán el foro más fácil usar para todos.

Hay que empezar un hilo propio para preguntas nuevas. Muchos hacen nuestra propia solicitud en mitad del hilo de otra persona, lo que hace difícil seguir el hilo. Podemos separar preguntas nuevas, haciendo un tema nueva. Dime si necesitas ayuda.

Al contrario, algunos personas empiezan nuevas temas para cada mensaje. Tenemos que enseñarles y corregir el problema o nadie va a seguir la lógica de sus mensajes.

Hay que pegar un nuevo tema en la sección correcta. "¡Claro!" dices. De vez y cuando leo por encima los títulos para ver si hay temas en secciones incorrectas. Podemos moverlos, pero es un poquito peligroso. (Se puede eliminar el tema completamente.) Dime si quieres hacer esto.

Voy a pegar este mensaje en la sección para moderadores en el foro.

Vaya. Tantas pautas. Así es vivir en comunidad....

Abrazos, (¡Lo mejor de comunidad!)
Art

-------------------------

Hello, cousins!

Carlos has written to me about the behavior of some of our members who appear to be incompetent helpless. Normally they are interested in genealogy and it's obvious that they don't read previous messages in which there are instructions about how to make a request to the Registro Civil, how to look for theirr family, etc.

I'm sure that we've all noticed that many new members have no idea of how a forum works. Others aren't careful about where they place their messages. I write a lot of emails explaining these things and and I really appreciate some of you helping me with this job.

For me, the guiding principles are these:
  1. Each member must take responsibility for themselves. I'm not going to do for them what they could do for themselves. We're not concierges in a hotel; we're normal adults. (Does someone want us to have a link to their Centro Asturiano? Great! Tell them to begin a new thread, and that's all we should have to do.)
  2. What I will do is to give members the tools that will help them. (Let me know if we're missing a tool!)
  3. Normally, I won't do forum business by email because it deprives the forum of that information. If someone writes to me by email or private message about a topic, I simply ask them to post a message on the forum.
  4. If someone asks about information that already exists on the forum, it's enough to give them the web address of that info. (I'll give a few examples below.)
About email and private messages that we receive, if the person hasn't registered and want help privately off the forum, I think it's still important that they register. In the majority of cases it makes sense for us to help them on the forum. I almost always give a response like, "Please ask your question on the forum where there are many more people who can help you." We don't want to promote laziness, do we?!

About the questions that have already been answered, there are answers about how to use the forum in these sections: And there is specific help in these "stickies": Also, Carlos is thinking about writing a list of the Civil Registries throughout Asturies, a very good idea.

To conclude, there are several other things that will make the forum easier for everyone to use.

Members should begin their own new thread if they have new questions. Many members ask their own question in the middle of someone else's thread, which makes it difficult to follow the thread. We can separate new questions, making them new threads. Let me know if you need help with that.

In the opposite manner, some people start a new thread with every message. We have to teach them and correct the problem or no one will be able to follow the logic of their messages.

Members should place their topics in the correct section. "Of course!" you say. From time to time I skim through the titles of messages to see if there are threads in the wrong sections. We can move them, but this is a little dangerous. (The thread can be completely deleted.) Let me know if you want to do this.

Man, oh man, so many guidelines! Well, that's how it is living in communiity....

Hugs, (the best part of community!)
Art

Return to “FAQ for Mods - FAQ para moderadores”