Two of my favourite bloggers (Americans)

If you can't figure out where else to post, say it here.<br>
Si no sabes dónde poner tu tema, pongalo aquí.

Moderator: Moderators

Mouguias

Two of my favourite bloggers (Americans)

Post by Mouguias »

The War Nerd: the man claims to live in PaloAlto, Calif. and be some sort of nerd, half - demented out of a job with no future in a society which has lost any opportunity for adventure or emotion.
Anyway, I love the War Nerd. He writes about warfare, both ancient and modern, and looks quite well informed. It is great also that he has no prejudice, meaning that he is equally interested in American Civil War or in Sri-Lankan terrorists. He went so far as claiming that the recent Ethiopia-Eritrea war was "one of his favourites", since it was fought in the old style, with big battles of infantry soldiers and tank divisions. Where else could you learn about such things? How many writers do you know who claim that the Turks are his favourite nation?

Fred Reed, "Fred on Everything" used to be a war correspondent all over the Thirg World. Now he is an expat in Guadalajara, Mexico. Funny guy, writes in an agile and enjoyable style. At first sight he looks some sort of right wing, patriotic type, but he is too inteligent to blindly follow any ideological prejudice. In his column I have read the best and funniest satires on political correctness, big government, corrupted politicians, bureaucracy and the military.

Return to “General Discussion - Discusión general”