Documentos de Vaqueiros/Vaqueiro Documents

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Itinerantscribe
asturias_and_me:

Documentos de Vaqueiros/Vaqueiro Documents

Post by Itinerantscribe »

Quisiera saber si alguien tiene idea de otra fuente documental para obtener documentos que ayuden a aclarar otros documentos encontrados en archivos parroquiales. Por ejemplo, habran censos de la poblacion? Mi problema es que como mis antepasados eran vaqueiros (los vaqueiros viajaban con su ganado a diferentes lugares en invierno y verano) no se que otra parroquia utilisarian para documentar los matrimonios, nacimientos, y muertes cuando estaban en otro lugar y no la parroquia usual. Si alguien muere dejando testamento, se podra encontrar? Si alguien me puede dar alguna idea, se lo agradeceria.
Maria Krane, Florida

----------------------------

I'd like to know if anyone has any idea of where there might be additional documentation (such as a population census) besides the local parishes or vital records. Because my ancestors were vaqueiros (vaqueiros travelled with their cattle to different regions in the summer and winter) some documentation is missing from local churches or archives. Also if someone left a will, where would that be found? Thank you.
Maria Krane, Florida
Bob
asturias_and_me:

birth records

Post by Bob »

Your best bet is the appropriate registro civil for birth records after 1871. Where were your vaqueiro ancestors from? In some areas, vaqueiros were discriminated against and kept separate from others at church services.

You way want to contact:
Museo Vaqueiro de Asturias
Asociación Cultural Manxelón
Naraval, 28
33874 Tineo Asturias
Telefono: 985.80.48.35

I have no idea where wills are kept on file in Asturias.
Itinerantscribe
asturias_and_me:

Thank you Bob--Vaqueiros Question

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the information, I will try the museum. My people come from el consejo de Valdes, mostly from the parish of San Sebastian de Barcia. I was fortunate to get the generous help of a very nice lady on the forum, Cecilia. She gave me a great deal of information and I then hired a genealogist. This is his second trip to the archives for me. There are a couple of inconsistencies in some of the records with surnames (and of course I realize that in the 1700s surname conventions aren’t what they are today). I was hoping that by looking at additional records I might be able to eliminate the records that are not my family. I also noted that in some of the death records it was noted that a will was left by the deceased. I was hoping that if these wills existed they might shed light on some of my questions.
Kindest Regards,
Maria Krane, Florida
Art
Site Admin
asturias_and_me:

Post by Art »

I was able to access a will from 1945 by asking a family member to apply to receive a copy. My understanding is that only direct family members can request a will and you have to prove you're family.

I'm not 100% sure, and I'm definitely not sure for older documents, but I think a will is supposed to be registered at the Registro de Actos de Ultima Voluntad, which I think is in Madrid. Perhaps one of our Asturian members can help us out.

To make the request, I had to go to a gestor in a gestoria. A gestor, which is translated by my dictionary as "agent," is a non-professional interface between the Spanish bureaucracy and ordinary individuals.

This process isn't cheap and it can take months. I think it cost over $100 a decade ago.

----------------------------

Accedí a una última voluntad y testamento del año 1945 por pedir que un miembro de la familia solicite para recibir una copia. Creo que sólo los familiares directos pueden solicitar una voluntad y hay que demostrar que son de la familia.

No estoy 100% cierto, y estoy todavía menos cierto sobre documentos más antiguos, pero creo que una voluntad se debe inscribir en el Registro de Actos de Ultima Voluntad, lo que creo que está en Madrid. Tal vez uno de nuestros miembros asturianos nos puede ayudar.

Para hacer la solicitud, la familiar tuvo que ir a un gestor en una gestoría. Un gestor, que se traduce en mi diccionario como "agente", es una interfaz de carácter no profesional entre la burocracia española y las personas ordinarias.

No es un proceso muy barato. Puede durar muchos meses. Creo que me costó más de 100 dolares hace una década.
Itinerantscribe
asturias_and_me:

Thanks Art

Thanks for the suggestion Art. My wills are from over a hundred years ago so perhaps there won't be any privacy issues.
Regards,
Maria Krane

------------------------

Gracias por la sugerencia Art. Los testamentos que quiero ver son de mas de 100 anos asi que tal vez no hallan problemas en adquirirlos.
Saludos,
Maria Krane

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”