FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Can I Claim Spanish Nationality?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Identity, Nation, Return - Identidad, país, vuelta
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roe477

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Art, thank you for the clarification.

Yes the law has expired, (I actually applied under ley 52/2007, grandchild of exile) but due to the enormous wait last year at the consulate, my appointment for submitting the application wasn't until October 2011. Having called for a status update after 8 months (June 2012), I have been informed of the birth certificate and was told by the consulate I can make an appointment for the passport.

I am bringing nearly all the documents I used for the civil registry application with me as insurance, as I had multiple copies of passport pages etc. The consulate has been hit or miss in regards to accurate information, so I am paranoid!
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see. That's good!

The person who took my application in DC helped me fill it in. There were a number of blanks that I didn't understand. You'll need to choose a place as your electoral "home." If you want to, you will be given the opportunity to vote in a Spanish concejo/county.

Getting the passport is a much faster process than getting the birth certificate.
Ron Gonzalez

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be a year this summer for me, no word yet.
Bob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied for Spanish citizenship on January 5, 2011, and have heard nothing so far. I wrote to the NY consulate again last Monday.

By the way, if I remember correctly dual citizenship has been allowed, although not encouraged, by the US government ever since Israelis were allowed dual citizenship.
Bob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Spanish citizenship papers arrive at last Reply with quote

My Spanish citizenship papers finally arrived, dated September 12, 2012. I didn't pick them up until now because the were sent to My New Haven address, and I have been in my Rockport, MA, home since early September. Unlike other mail, it was not forwarded to be by the post office. I had originally applied on January 5, 2011, so the entire process took a little over a year and eight months.

My advice to others who have applied is to be patient. The Spanish consulates act slowly but, they do act. This assumes, of course, that you were given a case number acknowledging your application

Bob
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Bob!
------------------
¡Enhorabuena, Bob!
Maestro Tomberi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

La burocracia española fiel a su estilo (LOL), pero lo importante es que tienes los papeles. ¡Enhorabuena, Bob!

Maestro Tomberi, creador de fantasía y surrealismo
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Bureaucracies Reply with quote

La burocracia española fiel a su estilo? Just like American bureaucrats, mi amigo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Identity, Nation, Return - Identidad, país, vuelta All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: