Los neandertales de Sidrón ? The Neandertal Men of Sidrón?

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Terechu

Los neandertales de Sidrón ? The Neandertal Men of Sidrón?

Post by Terechu »

La revista alemana Der Spiegel publica esta semana estas imágenes geniales de dos reconstrucciones de neandertales, la de la izquierda está hecha por ordenador y la derecha por métodos científicos tradicionales. Me encanta la expresión que tienen. Serían así nuestros neandertales de la cueva de Sidrón? El de la derecha se parece a algún pariente mío.. :lol:
------------------------------------------------------

The German magazine Der Spiegel publishes these cool images of the reconstructions of two Neandertalmen, the left one is computer-generated and the right one was made by traditional scientific means. I love their facial expression. I wonder if our Neandertals of the Sidrón Cave looked like that. The one on the right looks like some of my relatives..! :lol:
Eli

Post by Eli »

Interesting you would mention those differences, just last week there was an article on NS http://www.newscientist.com/channel/bei ... skull.html
about how difficult it is to reconstruct a face from bones alone. If you give four people the same skull you end up with four different faces. This is a skull that was found in Germany some time ago and they have no idea who’s is it, or what his owner once looked like... and this is reconstructing us today... who’s to say what they really looked like? (Btw that guy on the right, yeah think I’ve seen him too...)

=============

Interesante el que menciones las diferencias, justo la semana pasada hubo un articulo en NS http://www.newscientist.com/channel/bei ... skull.html
sobre lo dificil que es el reconstruir una cara teniendo como base unicamente los huesos. Si le das el mismo craneo a cuatro personas terminas con cuatro caras distintas. Este craneo fue encontrado en Alemania hace algun tiempo y no tienen idea de quien fue, o como se veia el dueño... y esto que es una reconstruccion de uno de nosotros hoy en dia... quien puede decir con seguridad como se verian los Neandertales? (Aqui entre nos, ese tipo de la derecha, creo que yo tambien lo he visto...)

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”