Informatión sobre Alfonso Asturias & Euriquete Asturias

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Bob

Post by Bob »

As far as I know, online access to the Ellis Island records is free, although you do have to register to save searches, etc. If you want a physical copy of the records, there is a fee, and they have disabled the print screen function of their website, but you can always use Snagit or some other such software to obtain a copy of what you see on the screen.

Information from the registro civil is free. Just be sure to write to the proper address in castellano.

I have never run into a request for money in exchange for church records, but they are provided by the local parish priest (who often covers several parishes and is more than a little busy) at his discretion. Again writing in castellano helps: not everyone understands English. I have routinely send a small donation for flowers for the altar, etc., which serves as an acknowledgement of the value of the priest's function and a sign of respect for religion. If you travel to Asturias, meeting with the priest in person may help.

Such online sites as Ancestry.com are profit-making institutions. I have no experience with them.
Luiña

Alfonso Asturias y Genealogía de Alvarez Asturias

Post by Luiña »

Renée:

Le envié un correo particular pero por si acaso se lo pongo también aquí.
En
www.eeliag.netwiz.net/AlvarezAsturias.html

encontrará la Genealogía de las familias descendientes de D. Sancho Alvarez de Asturias y Nava, quien llegó a Guatemala en 1666 dando origen a la familias Asturias de ese país. En la página 109 figura un matrimonio, Alfonso y Enriqueta, que pudieran ser sus antepasados.
Al inicio de la web tiene instrucciones para contactar con el autor del libro.

Le deseo mucho éxito en su búsqueda
-----------------------------------------------------------
Transl. Terechu

Renée:
I sent you a private message, but just in case I'm also posting it here:
Under www.eeliag.netwiz.net/AlvarezAsturias.html
you will find the genealogy of the families descending from Sancho Alvarez de Asturias y Nava, who arrived in Guatemala in 1666, thus giving origin to the Asturias families of said country. Under page 109 there is a marriage listed between Alfonso and Enriqueta, who could be your ancestors. The home page contains instructions on how to contact the author of the book.
I wish you much success in your search.
Terechu

Re: Alfonso Asturias y Genealogía de Alvarez Asturias

Post by Terechu »

Luiña wrote:Renée:

Le envié un correo particular pero por si acaso se lo pongo también aquí.
En
www.eeliag.netwiz.net/AlvarezAsturias.html

encontrará la Genealogía de las familias descendientes de D. Sancho Alvarez de Asturias y Nava, quien llegó a Guatemala en 1666 dando origen a la familias Asturias de ese país. En la página 109 figura un matrimonio, Alfonso y Enriqueta, que pudieran ser sus antepasados.
Al inicio de la web tiene instrucciones para contactar con el autor del libro.

Le deseo mucho éxito en su búsqueda
¡Qué interesante! Luiña, eres la bomba, tío! Esperemos que Renee pueda aprovechar esta información tan extraordinaria.

----------------------
How very interesting! Luiña, you're far out! Let's hope Renee can benefit from this extraordinary information.
Renee'

help

Post by Renee' »

Could anyone translate what she said to me. I do not speak or read spanish.
Renee'
Renee' Asturias
Bob

Post by Bob »

Terechu already translated the text for you. I'll post it again here:
Renée:
I sent you a private message, but just in case I'm also posting it here:
Under www.eeliag.netwiz.net/AlvarezAsturias.html
you will find the genealogy of the families descending from Sancho Alvarez de Asturias y Nava, who arrived in Guatemala in 1666, thus giving origin to the Asturias families of said country. Under page 109 there is a marriage listed between Alfonso and Enriqueta, who could be your ancestors. The home page contains instructions on how to contact the author of the book.
I wish you much success in your search
Renee'

Thank you

Post by Renee' »

Thank all of you so much. I can't believe how helpful and kind you have been to me. I will into this website further.
By the way the images I've posted are just some of my artwork. Thank you all so very much.
Renee'
Renee' Asturias
Renee'

I now have much more information but still need help

Post by Renee' »

I have finally found much more information, but am still wondering where my family originally came from. I am hoping from this information someone can help me. I would love to see pictures if anyone has anything. Thank you, Renee

Familia Asturias y Moreno

Don Joaquin Asturias y Arroyave hijo de Don Francisco Asturias y Valdes y de Dona Paula Arroyave caso con Dona Luz Moreno y tuvieron por hijos:

· Dona Elisa Asturias y Moreno caso con Don Julio Macal y Bubalon
· Don Joaquin Asturias y Morena murio soltero
· Don Guillermo Asturias y Moreno murio soltero
· Dona Raquel Asturias y Moreno
· Don Jose Asturias y Moreno contrajo primeras nupcias con Dona Margarita Matheu y Wyld y segundas, con Dona Gladis Colwell
· Don Oscar Asturias y Moreno caso con Dona Camille Myatt
· Don Victor Asturias y Moreno
· Dona Luz Asturias y Moreno caso con Don Hector Asturias y Toledo
· Dona Paula Asturias y Moreno caso con Don Victor Matheu
· Don Francisco Asturias y Moreno
· Don Ramiro Asturias y Moreno
· Don Jose Joaquin Asturias y Moreno (20. de este nombre) caso con Dona Ester Dougherty y Valenzuela
Renee' Asturias
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Renee' wrote:Don Jose Asturias y Moreno contrajo primeras nupcias con Dona Margarita Matheu y Wyld y segundas, con Dona Gladis Colwell
¿Qué significa "contrajo primera nupcias"? ¿Significa "prometerse"? De ser así, ¿piensas que él se prometí dos veces sin casarse?
-------------

What does this mean: "contrajo primera nupcias"? Does it mean "to get engaged?" If so, do you think he got engaged twice without getting married?
Luiña

Contraer nupcias

Post by Luiña »

Art:

"Contraer nupcias" es lo mismo que casarse. Don José Asturias y Moreno se casó dos veces, la primera con Doña Margarita Matheu (primeras nupcias) y la segunda con Doña Gladis Colwell (segundas nupcias).

------------------------------------

"Contraer nupcias" is the same as to marry. Don José Asturias y Moreno married twice, first with Doña Margarita Matheu (first marriage) and then with Doña Gladis Colwell (second marriage).
Renee'

Hello again

Post by Renee' »

I don't understand spanish, were you asking me a question? Camile Myatte was my grandmother. Here is more showing my father and uncles and aunt.
Don Oscar Asturias y Moreno hijo de Don Joaquín Asturias y Arroyave y de Doña Luz Moreno casó con Doña Camilla Myatte y tuvieron por hijos:
Oscar Asturias y Moreno, child of Don Joaquin Asturias y Arroyave and Luz Morena, married Camilla Myatte
· Don Oscar Asturias y Myatte
· Don Alfredo Asturias y Myatte
· Don Ricardo Asturias y Myatte
· Don Roberto Asturias y Myatte
· Doña Camilla Asturias y Myatte
· Don Rafael Asturias y Myatte
· Don René Asturias y Myatte (gemelo) [twin]
· Don Renato Asturias y Myatte (gemelo) [twin]
Rafael is my father
Renee Asturias
Renee' Asturias
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Thanks, Luiña! That's clear.

Renee', no, I was just asking about the meaning of that phrase.

When we translate messages, we usually separate the languages by a row of dashes. So if you see that line of dashes, you can usually assume that the message is the more or less the same above and below the dashes, just written in different languages. (That's what's happening with this message here.)

--------------------

¡Gracias, Luiña! Ahora entiendo.

Renee', no, estaba preguntando sobre el sentido de esa frase.

Cuando traducimos mensajes, generalmente separamos las idiomas por una fila de guiones. Entones si ves una línea de guiones, puedes suponer generalmente que el mensaje es más o menos el igual sobre y debajo de los guiones, apenas escrito en distintas idiomas. (Es lo que pasa con este mensaje.)
Renee'

ok sorry

Post by Renee' »

Ok so sorry :oops:
You'll have to excuse me. But to be honest with you I was wondering if they ever got married too. I know my grandmother was pregnant 13 times. But the list I showed you were the only ones to survive. Rene' died at a early age.
Renee'
Renee' Asturias

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”