FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Help with translation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Genealogy - Genealogía
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sweeney

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Help with translation Reply with quote

Dear Friends:

I was wondering if anybody would like to volunteer to translate a Spanish document for me? I just received a photocopy of my great grandparents Marriage certificate from Spain. I was surprised that is is two whole pages of handwriting. Normally I can use the computer to translate for me, but I have trouble reading the handwriting. I would appreciate any offers of assistance. Thanks!
Cool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Help with translation Reply with quote

Hola Donna, yo estaría encantando de poder traducirte el documento ,pero ya sabes qué alguna gente de aquella época tenía una letra muy difícil de identificar ,de todas maneras entre mí padre ,mí madre y yo intentaremos traducir lo qué dice ,te parece? saludos
Como hacemos me los mandas a la dirección qué tienes ó es por aquí por el foro, estoy a tú disposición.saludos .Jóse Laughing
Sweeney

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Dear Jose:

Thank you for your offer. I will mail you a copy Today. Very Happy

I appreciate everybody that emailed me offering assistance.

Cool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna, I'm at your disposition any time. Let me know if you need anything.

Cheers
Terechu
Sweeney

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thank you Terechu! It is nice to know there are so many people willing to help. I mailed the document to my cousin Jose, hopefully he will be able to read the handwriting. Cool I appreciate your offer. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

Donna, he recibido el documento para traducir, quieres qué lo ponga aquí ó te lo mando por correo yo lo he traducido para qué entiendas lo qué dice osea yo te lo mando en español y tú lo traduces al inglés no es así?.saludos, Jóse Laughing

----------
translated with a question or two... by Art

Donna, I have received the document to translate. Do you want me to post it here (in the forum) or do you want me to send it to you by mail? I have translated it so you'll understand what it says. (osea??) I'll send it in Castilian and you'll translate it into English. Is that right? Best wishes, José Laughing
Sweeney

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Gracias Reply with quote

Estimado Jose,

Si tú email yo qué me dice en español, yo puede traducir a inglés a través del traductor de la computadora.

Por lo menos pienso que es lo que tú preguntando a mí. Por favor ,recuerde, no hablo español. Confused

¿Tú y a tu papá determinan que yo aprende español, verdad? Wink

Gracias por tu ayuda!

Tu prima,

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Gracias Reply with quote

Donna, lo qué yo entendí es qué tú no entiendes la letra del documento,es así? te lo escribo aquí ó te lo mando por correo normal? espero respuesta Crying or Very sad

--------------------------------
Translated by Bob

Donna, what I understood was that you didn't understand the handwriting of the document. Is this right? I can write it here or send it by snailmail. I await your answer.
Sweeney

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: translation Reply with quote

Estimado Jose:

Pienso que entiendo lo que tú está diciendo. ¿Tú está preguntando si tú envía la traducción por el correo regular o la escribe en el foro? Qué manera es siempre más fácil para tú. No importa. Gracias mucho por tu ayuda. Estoy apesadumbrado que no entiendo a veces lo que tú está escribiendo. Mi traductor de la computadora a veces me da traducciones incorrectas. Confused

Gracias por tu ayuda. Cool

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Jose:

I think I understand what you are saying. Are you asking me if you should mail the translation by regular mail or post it on the forum? Which ever is easier for you. it does not matter. Thank you very much for your help. I am sorry that I sometimes do not undertand what you are writing. My computer translator sometimes gives me incorrect translations. Confused

Thank you for your help! Cool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: dear sweeny Reply with quote

send it to me to the e-mail in my profile ok... I will help you
sreal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh :o Reply with quote

you r the same person... then you will know...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Genealogy - Genealogía All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: